Classic brainwashing

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Classic brainwashing

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm always harping on about how the tabloids are a bunch of lying scumbags and that people are too quick to believe their shite.

I found an absolutely CLASSIC example of this the other day on the radio.
This is a great demonstration of how a bullshit story by a tabloid hack was absorbed into the public consciousness until it became solid fact.

Listen to the last two minutes of this Andy Murray interview recorded on Tuesday this week.
From 10:08 onwards he talks about the infamous Paraguay shirt.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivet ... 012-169382

I mean, he definitely wore that shirt right? Everyone in the street was talking about it so it must've been true right?
I could've sworn that happened.
It seemed very easy to believe at the time (just like the best made up stories) so like everyone else I believed it. Now I almost can't believe that it ISN'T true!

There are so many other 'rumours' started by tabloids that have now become solid facts in the minds of the public. It just shows how gullible we are sometimes, and how manipulative the journo twats are.
I wonder how many people out there still genuinely believe that Murray is a passionate England-hating Scot...?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Re: Classic brainwashing

Postby Leody » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Not really brainwashing when the people that are affected had no brain in the first place and don't educate themselves, rather accepting everything they're told as true. :smartass: :sneaky:

Yeah I hear you though, it's infuriating because people blindly put some much trust into journos. Then people grow older and if they've reached a reasonable level of education they become synical as hell and distrust everything they're told... :lol:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Journos who effectively make money by lying should be jailed. Not fined, jailed. Journalists have a lot of power and when they abuse that power they should pay a heavy price. It is effectively fraud to charge money for a newspaper when the "news" inside it is lies.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:23 pm

I do not bother with any of the red top papers. I mean look at transfer rumours, How many of them actually happen ?. Like i say all morning papers are rubbish. Then there are the ones that are too posh for me.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed May 09, 2012 10:12 am

Another classic example of the English media behaving like arseholes.
This time George Michael was the victim back in 2006.
He tweeted today about his experience with a few 'journalists' from News International. I've copied this straight off of his Twatter timeline so you have to read it from the BOTTOM up.

1h Jeremy Duns ‏ @jeremyduns
If you missed that, here's the NOTW story @georgemichael was referring to: http://notwats.blogspot.com.es/2006/07/ ... shame.html

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm 5 foot eleven, and can't do a dutch accent to save my life :)

I was going to save it for the memoirs, but f**k it :)

a member of the public than just another celeb complaining about their lot. So I sent it to them.

was a perfect example of just how horrific the methods of News International had become, and that the inquiry may be more sympathetic to...

(I'm trying not to be cruel here, but many of you will recall that he was signicantly older and not the best looking man on earth)

I thought that the letter , written by a man whose only crime was to be chosen as someone perfect to humiliate me...

Sick f***ing bastards.

Other than The Sunday Mirror,who said that they might follow up his story but only if (and here comes the sickest bit !) he was HIV positive

He told me that he had approached several television and news outlets to refute the story and make it up to me, but no one was interested..

Because the man I met was about 6 foot four and had a Dutch accent". But by that time he had signed his statement.

again, who was the celebrity he had supposedly met in the dark? They told him it was me, to which he replied "But that's impossible....

what they wanted. Once they had their "story" they made him sign it and were ready to leave, at which point he asked them...

publish the pictures of that 'encounter'. He asked who he was supposed to have met, and they said they would tell him once he had given them...

him having sex with a celebrity on the heath, and that unless he let them take pictures of him in daylight there and then, they would..

In the letter he told me that two journalists had followed him to his home in Brighton and told him that they had night vision pictures of...

Poor bastard...he wrote a letter to me to apologise for the story, which made the front page of The News of the World several years ago.

Let me explain further...

sorry, who was blackmailed (literally) into giving News international a completely fictional account of meeting me on Hampstead Heath...

You have to laugh really. Truth is though I didn't want to participate, I sent the inquiry a letter from the poor man who blackmailed into..

they spoke to my legal team. Funnily enough, had they wanted my phone number they could probably have got it from News International!!

A 'spokesman' says that I was never asked to participate. By which I suppose they mean they didn't actually have my phone number, so...

So apparently I'm lying about being approached by the Leveson Inquiry.

Get ready for today's rant ...:)

Morning everyone.....
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby djaxster » Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am

Inchpractice wrote:Another classic example of the English media behaving like arseholes.
This time George Michael was the victim back in 2006.
He tweeted today about his experience with a few 'journalists' from News International. I've copied this straight off of his Twatter timeline so you have to read it from the BOTTOM up.

Ha Ha George Michael BOTTOM up.

:rofll: :rofll: :lol:
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed May 09, 2012 11:32 am

I knew someone would do that.
:rolleyes:

:grin:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Wed May 09, 2012 11:44 am

And yet they wonder why nobody trusts journalists... :dizzy:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Wed May 09, 2012 7:49 pm

UFGN wrote:Journos who effectively make money by lying should be jailed. Not fined, jailed. Journalists have a lot of power and when they abuse that power they should pay a heavy price. It is effectively fraud to charge money for a newspaper when the "news" inside it is lies.

Agree 100% it shapes peoples minds and belief and to knowingly miss inform is a crime.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Return to Other Sports