Super Bowl

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Super Bowl

Postby AZGooner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:07 am

Anyone watching? Anyone over there care? lol
AZGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Super Bowl

Postby Swan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:20 am

i'm watching but i'm not over there, don't really care though
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:22 am

Yes. Hating it. Sorry lad but its dreadful. And Madona..... Just no.

No no no.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby AZGooner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 am

Not a Bad game so far. Rooting for New York.
AZGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Swan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:44 am

pretty low scoring
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Swan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:45 am

commercials haven't been to good either
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:57 am

UFGN wrote:Yes. Hating it. Sorry lad but its dreadful. And Madona..... Just no.

No no no.

This!

It's f**king terrible.

I appreciate the tactical side to the game, but as a whole it's f**king awful. It's like a spoon-fed war sandwiched between commercials! Waiting a few minutes for a 5 second burst of action is tedious!

And Madonna, f**king hell! That whole half time show in fact, just a cringe worthy yank fest. Typically OTT. No offence to our American Gooners here, the OTT approach is obviously cultural, but if they ever dressed up the FA cup final like that over here, I'd vomit over every individual involved.... <<<<< the reserved British approach. :biggrin:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby VCC » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:04 am

i thought any sport that took 5 hours to play was Golf.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:06 am

Est83 wrote:

No no no.

This!

It's f**king terrible.

I appreciate the tactical side to the game, but as a whole it's f**king awful. It's like a spoon-fed war sandwiched between commercials! Waiting a few minutes for a 5 second burst of action is tedious!

And Madonna, f**king hell! That whole half time show in fact, just a cringe worthy yank fest. Typically OTT. No offence to our American Gooners here, the OTT approach is obviously cultural, but if they ever dressed up the FA cup final like that over here, I'd vomit over every individual involved.... <<<<< the reserved British approach. :biggrin:

Theres a lot to be said for a pie and a piss, followed by a quick read through your programme and some sreaming of abuse at the oppo fans. Thats how half time should be! Madonna my arse!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Swan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:24 am

hay Jay just noticed you are in lansing i'm living in Adrian not to far away..

edit: i know mine says canada but i moved and just been lazy and haven't changed it
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby AZGooner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:55 am

Great game
AZGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 am

Jay22 wrote:Like most sports, you won't appreciate the game till you understand the history and traditions associated with it. That is the reason most people outside US find American football awful.

Thats not correct at all. People like the sport but can't stand the commercials every 3 seconds and the stop/start to it. I used to watch a show late at night which had games with most stoppages taken out, it was so much better.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Chrissiii » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Est83 wrote:

No no no.

This!

It's f**king terrible.

These!!! By God these!!!!

Yorkyblue wrote:
Jay22 wrote:Like most sports, you won't appreciate the game till you understand the history and traditions associated with it. That is the reason most people outside US find American football awful.

Thats not correct at all. People like the sport but can't stand the commercials every 3 seconds and the stop/start to it. I used to watch a show late at night which had games with most stoppages taken out, it was so much better.

This too!
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Leody » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Having grown up watching the game... I've come to the point where even I can't stand all the stops.

I lose interest in the game because of it. I understand the need for them, but it just becomes so boring.

Now I like the Superbowl though, because the commercials are usually entertaining.

And I agree with the thoughts on Maddona though.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Leody wrote:Having grown up watching the game... I've come to the point where even I can't stand all the stops.

I lose interest in the game because of it. I understand the need for them, but it just becomes so boring.

Now I like the Superbowl though, because the commercials are usually entertaining.

And I agree with the thoughts on Maddona though.

I really dont see why they stop after only a few seconds play. It ruins what could be a good sport. if you watch a rugby league match youll see how it could be. Some pretty hard tackles in that and they just play on. In AF instead of a long break of play, why not just a blow of the whistle, five seconds pause and blow to play on? Then you might have a real sport!

UFGN

Next

Return to Other Sports