airsoft

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: airsoft

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 am

Git wrote:http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ares-l85a2-sa80-new-version-with-metal-gearbox

My baby.

Had her for 4.5 years.

Hold up, you can get scopes for them? Wow.

Do they shoot straight or is it more like paintball where you dont know where the pellet is going to end up?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:08 am

As I remember it they shoot pretty straight but the bb's drop fairly quickly so you can see them arc through the air. They are much smaller than paintballs so the air resistance doesn't make them swerve off in crazy directions. Actually I still have a big bag of bb's lying around somewhere
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:14 am

So the key is to aim above the target for longer distance shots? Nice.

Thats the one thing i hate about paintball, the unpradictability of where your nailed on shot is going to end up. At the same time, i have done some epicly jammy shots with unintended paintball swerves before...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:27 am

BBs also come in different weights. Starting at 0.2gs and progressively getting heavier. The heavier they are the more accurate but they drop quicker. Which is why snipers use .3gs usually, because they have the power to go further and accurate.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:18 am

Dejan wrote:would love an ak47 lol

You can buy them in gun shops man, and not airsoft versions, real AK's. :P My VZ58 is a Czech derivative of an AK-47.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:34 am

Fab would you hesitate to fill some guy full of holes if he was robbing your house?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 am

CynicalGooner wrote:Fab would you hesitate to fill some guy full of holes if he was robbing your house?

Not for one millisecond would I even hesitate. If someone comes into my house and puts me or especially lady Fab in danger I would blow him away.
Me and my brother in law were actually talking to a trooper in a bar one day and got around to that subject, he actually told us that the thing to do is kill the burglar etc and there is only going to be one story told.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Fab would you hesitate to fill some guy full of holes if he was robbing your house?

Not for one millisecond would I even hesitate. If someone comes into my house and puts me or especially lady Fab in danger I would blow him away.
Me and my brother in law were actually talking to a trooper in a bar one day and got around to that subject, he actually told us that the thing to do is kill the burglar etc and there is only going to be one story told.

And it's legal.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:11 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

And it's legal.

Yup.

I should make something clear. Just because I say I'd shoot someone in my house it does not mean I'd go around shooting people willy nilly. Guns are incredibly dangerous and should be treated accordingly. I have done 2 concealed carry courses and have the utmost respect for the fact that you can kill someone with a simple pull of a trigger. The reason I say I'd shoot someone is because you should NEVER ever pull a gun on someone if you are not prepared to use it. If you do point a gun at someone and don't use it then there is a good chance you might end up dead.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Airsoft is for children who want a safer option than dying while trying to reenact call of duty.

Remember kids, in real life, no respawns.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ivan itchybum » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:11 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Airsoft is for children who want a safer option than dying while trying to reenact call of duty.

Remember kids, in real life, no respawns.

someones never felt the thrill of doing it...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Git » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:48 pm

I just wear a t-shirt and trousers.

Full combat gear is for pussies.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Git wrote:I just wear a t-shirt and trousers.

Full combat gear is for pussies.

...and goggles (glasses)

but maybe they don't want to stick out
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Other Sports