If Only Arsenal Had Support Like This...

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: If Only Arsenal Had Support Like This...

Postby Forest » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Cheese wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:why do so many people go just to watch 19-22yr olds play football?

Same reason they go Arsenal I'd imagine....

No my point was if a NFL team can get 50,000 crowds why do college ones get way over that?

You dont see 80K watching our U16's and 60K at the Grove.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
Cheese wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:why do so many people go just to watch 19-22yr olds play football?

No my point was if a NFL team can get 50,000 crowds why do college ones get way over that?

Might have something to do with supporters feeling more loyalty to college teams as they can identify with them whereas the pro teams are franchises

Also the tickets probably cost less
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:54 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:
Cheese wrote:

Might have something to do with supporters feeling more loyalty to college teams as they can identify with them whereas the pro teams are franchises

Also the tickets probably cost less

Those both play into it, and the stadiums have a higher capacity at some of the schools.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:54 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
Cheese wrote:

Most big college teams are in smaller cities that don't have professional teams to go see, so to them (the fans) this is their professional team. Plus, the bigger colleges have huge stadiums that hold that many. Most professional stadiums aren't that big because of that reason. The bigger cities that have professional teams usually have more than one, so their support is spread out between multiple sports, plus they probably take having those teams for granted, where as the supporters in the smaller cities only have 1 sport and event to look forward to.

Does that make sense?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Forest » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:56 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:
Cheese wrote:

Most big college teams are in smaller cities that don't have professional teams to go see, so to them (the fans) this is their professional team. Plus, the bigger colleges have huge stadiums that hold that many. Most professional stadiums aren't that big because of that reason. The bigger cities that have professional teams usually have more than one, so their support is spread out between multiple sports, plus they probably take having those teams for granted, where as the supporters in the smaller cities only have 1 sport and event to look forward to.

Does that make sense?

Yeah perfect thanks, understand what your saying.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

If Only Arsenal Had Support Like This...

Postby Cheese » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:33 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:
Cheese wrote:

Does that make sense?

No. Could you repeat that please? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:11 am

Cheese you will NEVER understand the college sport thing until you live here for a bit. Chavster or Leody could try and explain it til they are blue in the ace but you'll never get it. When I first got here I was astounded that college sports were so big (don't get me started about high school football in Texas). It's just a different culture. More Americans go to college than normal and sports in college is a much bigger deal. They never lose that tie until the day they die, no matter what part of the country they are from.

When I started in NCSU I was virulently anti American sports, but you get dragged into it.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Other Sports