Winter Olympics

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: Winter Olympics

Postby niko197 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:42 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Swan wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:We beat the Canadians at their own game (hockey) last night!!!!!!!

yeah but we beat you in the game that mattered...

good game though

We should've had a rubber match to make it fair. Ah well, congrats. We weren't even suppose to be in that game anyway, proud of our boys!!

great game, that miller is f***ing good goalkeeper!!!
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:48 pm

niko197 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Swan wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:We beat the Canadians at their own game (hockey) last night!!!!!!!

good game though

We should've had a rubber match to make it fair. Ah well, congrats. We weren't even suppose to be in that game anyway, proud of our boys!!

great game, that miller is f***ing good goalkeeper!!!

Yea he was the player of the tournament, although the last goal he should've saved. I would've took a silver medal from the start of this, so am pleased.

Canada did excellent in this Olympics, the most gold medals with 14 and the host country they should be proud.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby niko197 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:09 pm

maybe he could but he saved some 100% chances so you can't say anything wrong about him!!
you did great, and what you did to finnland, that was brutal!!!
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:16 pm

niko197 wrote:maybe he could but he saved some 100% chances so you can't say anything wrong about him!!
you did great, and what you did to finnland, that was brutal!!!

For sure, we couldn't have done it without him, not saying anything bad about him.

We demolished Finland, I was surprised by that actually. They had an off day for sure.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby niko197 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:17 pm

that was brutal, i was watching first third only, and i couldn't belive! you have great young team, can't wait for next olympic games!
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Swan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:01 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Swan wrote:

good game though

i hear both side (fans) saying that they were the better team for all sorts of reasons but when you do think about it the games are 1-1 so a 3rd game would be the best way to really know.. i'm in for that idea..

good tourny for the americans :clap: i am glad canada won of course...
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Swan wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Swan wrote:

good game though

i hear both side (fans) saying that they were the better team for all sorts of reasons but when you do think about it the games are 1-1 so a 3rd game would be the best way to really know.. i'm in for that idea..

good tourny for the americans :clap: i am glad canada won of course...

You guys were definately better in the first game (which we ironically won), but the second was pretty even I thought (which we lost, funny how that happens). Shots on goal was almost identical, both teams created close to the same amount of chances. The more skillful team won of course, but I thought we played with more passion and heart. It probably would've ruined the whole Olympics for Canada if you would've lost though. So you're welcome! ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:33 pm

Well this is looking to be an interesting games.

Team GB loses its main snowboarder, Team USA has someone whining about missing out on carrying the flag and Team Korea united (albeit just for Ice Hockey).
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Other Sports