Logging In

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: Boys In Girls Sports...

Postby Fordy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:02 pm

thomaswos wrote:
My daughters play High School Field Hockey. Our team is not real good, but my daughters both are pretty good. If a school doesn't have a boys field hockey team, then boys are allowed to play as long as they wear the skirt. Really! I am not kidding.

as some of you will know i did a sports course at college and one day we did hockey and i was pretty god damn good and i got asked to play for the hockey team.

Now they told me it wasnt a girls hockey team but i would have to wear a skirt if i played, i told them if i can get changed in the girls room with them i will wear the skirt.

I never did play for the hockey team but i know its true about the skirt thing.
Fordy

Postby Goose » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Wow, great 1st post!

A 6ft4 boy in a girls skirt playing hockey? Hahahahahahaahha

Sounds very unfair....
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby StLGooner » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:03 pm

The first thing I'm thinking is................ Does he get to shower with these girls? :)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SE13 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Curious......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:20 pm

At my highschool and most others around me, girls are allowed to play American Football, and wrestle (a boys only sport), so its probably only fair for boys to play a girls sport. I use to date the girl that wrestled for my highschool, and by date I mean have sexual relations with, she was a real tiger. :sneaky2:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Females shouldn't be allowed to play with Men in any types of spots.
It may sound sexist but they will get hurt badly becuase men are genereally bigger and stronger than women the sporting world.

Can you imagine an 18stone rugby player tackling a female player? He would break her in half regardless of how well conditioned she was.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gooner Girl » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Its a tricky one this. Up to the age of about 11 i am all for girls and boys playing in mixed teams in ALL sports. In our year 3 class we have one girl who is better then pretty much all the lads at football and when shes not playing for the girls netball/hockey/football team she'll play for the boys. I personally think the boys should be on mixed teams with the girls playing netball and the girls should be playing football mixed with the boys at that age. Whyever not? Surely the aim of sport at that age is to develop skills in fun games and often the girls are just as tall/strong as the boys if not more so when younger as they mature faster. Games like netball are excellent for boys ball skills as well as girls and although its socially acceptable for girls to play so called 'boys sports' its seen less acceptable for boys to play 'girls' sports though i know in state schools they often have mixed netball teams and i believe that in places like Australia they have many mens netball leagues.

After the age of 11 things are trickier with the height/weight/strength difference so it becomes more of an unclear issue. I often played football with lads twice my weight and height and i didn't mind if they went in for fair tackles, if i did i wouldn't have played (i did object to them just lifting me out the way though! ;) ) Non contact sports such as netball for example could still be mixed but as much as i'm for womens rights Lil mo is correct on something like the rugby pitch it would become dangerous.
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:31 pm

ChVint22 wrote:The first thing I'm thinking is................ Does he get to shower with these girls? :)

The first thing I'm thinking is.... why post this in an Arsenal forum?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Briggsy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:22 am

In a non contact sport or a non collision sport I would say mixed teams is fine. But as hockey like football is a collision sport I would say no. However girls can play in boys football teams up to the age of 11. But I wouldn't recommend it
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:02 am

hockey a dangerous sport? lol!
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Return to Other Sports