Favourite moments of sporting commentary

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: Favourite moments of sporting commentary

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:32 am

It wasn't said properley so I will have to...

Nothing can ever match..

and here comes Hurst, theres some people on the pitch, they think it's all over, it is now!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Briggsy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:02 am

jayantmoudgil wrote:“A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith…For Thomas charging through the midfield..
Thomas…It’s Up For Grabs now!…THOMAS!…Right at the end!"

Gives me goosebumps even now!

The Massa Machine wrote:It seems you guys are missing something....

"Thomas, charging through the midfield... it's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!"

no one had mentioned it as it was already mentioned on page 1
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:59 am

"Some..... people are on the pitch, they think it's all over................ It is now"

Dear old Kenneth again, how he never went nuts is beyond me, talk about calm and collected!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Briggsy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:23 am

Anyone remember the commentary to the downhill ski when someone fell when clear and then the person in second took over? Boring sport exciting commentary
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:42 am

I've always enjoyed this, from about 20 seconds in to the video. Maybe it's just cos of what the goal meant, or that I'm a little biased to why I enjoy the commentary. I'd say it's the most important goal in the history of MCFC. If it wasn't for that goal, we wouldn't be where we are now.

EDIT: Forgot to add that this is the radio commentary what I'm talking about. They've added it to this video, though as it's much better. From Radio Manchester.

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby freddybhoy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:04 pm

" Get in there Frank!! " Harry Carpenter wears his heart on his sleeve as Bruno momentarily rocks Mike Tyson during their World Title fight. I think it was in '89.
ONE VOICE, ONE LOVE, ONE FAITH, ONE CELTIC
freddybhoy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby SE13 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:I've always enjoyed this, from about 20 seconds in to the video. Maybe it's just cos of what the goal meant, or that I'm a little biased to why I enjoy the commentary. I'd say it's the most important goal in the history of MCFC. If it wasn't for that goal, we wouldn't be where we are now.

EDIT: Forgot to add that this is the radio commentary what I'm talking about. They've added it to this video, though as it's much better. From Radio Manchester.

Jonathon Pearce eat your heart out!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:24 pm

freddybhoy wrote:" Get in there Frank!! " Harry Carpenter wears his heart on his sleeve as Bruno momentarily rocks Mike Tyson during their World Title fight. I think it was in '89.

It was. We had a late taste in the pub for that one. Arsenal played (I think) Luton that day, and hardly anyone was talking about winning the league, it was all about Bruno. I missed the train I needed to get home and was late to the pub. I was totally out of my face by the time the fight started, but that punch brought a louder roar in the pub than the goals the afternoon prior at Highbury!

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:36 am

SE13 wrote:
freddybhoy wrote:" Get in there Frank!! " Harry Carpenter wears his heart on his sleeve as Bruno momentarily rocks Mike Tyson during their World Title fight. I think it was in '89.

It was. We had a late taste in the pub for that one. Arsenal played (I think) Luton that day, and hardly anyone was talking about winning the league, it was all about Bruno. I missed the train I needed to get home and was late to the pub. I was totally out of my face by the time the fight started, but that punch brought a louder roar in the pub than the goals the afternoon prior at Highbury!

I fuckin love Bruno. The clip of him winning the tital at Wembley is magic
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:44 am

Bob Champion wins the Grand National with Aldaniti.

Champion had overcome cancer that most people thought he wouldnt survive, and Aldaniti had overcome an injery and at one time was destined to be shot.

You couldnt make it up.

Cant find it on youtube.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:41 pm

I take my previous choice back, my number 1 choice is Murray Walker

"Ukyo Katayama, undoubtedly the best Formula One driver that Grand Prix racing has ever produced"

He really was off his head, gotta love Murray
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Gunflash » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:42 pm

"Good luck mate"
- Jack Karnehm, when Cliff Thorburn was about to pot the black to complete the Crucible's first maximum break

"Italy have lost because they will not learn"
- Barry Davies, after South Korea knocked Italy out of the 2002 World Cup

John Moston: Say something Mark, say something
Mark Lawrenson: I can't
- As England's Euro 2008 hopes were being ruined by Croatia
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to Other Sports