NBA

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NBA

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:14 am

I'm not hating on GSW.

Check my post, all I said is "boring", which I reiterated in my post you quoted.

P.S.

The current Lakers have less of a chance against the Warriors than the Cavs, so I'm not excited in the least.

All it means is Lebron will be out before the Finals.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:32 am

StLGooner wrote:All this complaining about the NBA and yet this is exactly how European football is. In each league there is 1 or 2 teams that can realistically win it, with the exception of the Prem. So why is it ok for football but not the NBA?

Because our leagues have a salary cap, plus a luxury tax for the leagues with soft caps, that at least try to give the illusion of parity.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Jedi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:06 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Yeah but like you said ......... you would slate Jordan, not the Lakers or Magic.

So why is GSW as a team getting so much hate, douche on Durrant if you want but GSW were doing their thing before Durrant joined.

Because Curry and Green c**** on their own. Thompson and Livingston are the only bearable players in their roster i can think of.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:12 am

Jedieurokrem wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Yeah but like you said ......... you would slate Jordan, not the Lakers or Magic.

So why is GSW as a team getting so much hate, douche on Durrant if you want but GSW were doing their thing before Durrant joined.

Because Curry and Green c*** on their own. Thompson and Livingston are the only bearable players in their roster i can think of.

Iggy.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I'm not hating on GSW.

Check my post, all I said is "boring", which I reiterated in my post you quoted.

P.S.

The current Lakers have less of a chance against the Warriors than the Cavs, so I'm not excited in the least.

.............. well there not stopping at that though are they.

Give them a chance, you should obviously know they're looking at getting another star on the roster although its not guaranteed so far, but yeah if they don't then Lebron again ....... is an idiot.

He'd of been better off on the Spurs or Rockets but I'm gonna be honest Lebron makes weak ass decisions, I don't particularly like the guy, I think he's an idiot.

I have a feeling deep down that LA will fail to get another star and so in that light you'd be right, but we'll have to see.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:35 pm

LMAO wrote:
Ach wrote:No idea whats happened but cousins in group chat keep talking about it

Someone give me a footballing equivalent

I'm using Barcelona because they had their homegrown core (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes) like the Warriors have theirs (Curry, Green, Thompson).

Imagine Chelsea won the CL in 2008 instead of United. Barcelona still wins in 2009 against United, and it was Cristiano's final year on his contract.

Ron joins Barca on a free in the summer of 2009.

A couple seasons later in 2011, Thiago Silva decides to go to Barca.

If you're not a fan of Barcelona, would you find football boring when the season's outcome is virtually predetermined?

So these warrior pubbers are that much better than everyone else now?

Haven't watched a NBA game since Jordan tbh. f**k knows who any of these players are. That curry chap I only know cos my yank cousin met him in a supermarket once upon a time and went full fan girl clearly forgetting I had no idea who he was. Never seen him play though.

Got in to NFL few years ago when the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. Might get in to NBA and see who wins their super bowl thing.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:21 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

said this to a buddy o mine
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:23 pm

btw... hoops, not nba, but...

any thouhgts on the aussie/phillipino melee?

the broadcast bias was hilariously anit-aussie.

watch the tape.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:52 am

LMAO wrote:
StLGooner wrote:All this complaining about the NBA and yet this is exactly how European football is. In each league there is 1 or 2 teams that can realistically win it, with the exception of the Prem. So why is it ok for football but not the NBA?

Because our leagues have a salary cap, plus a luxury tax for the leagues with soft caps, that at least try to give the illusion of parity.

What's weird is, baseball who doesn't have a salary cap still I believe (but they do have profit sharing), has pretty good parity in the league, but then the NBA who does have one has zero parity.

The NFL who has a cap has good parity, even though you still have the Patriots who are giving it a real run for the championship each year, but that's down to them just running their team real well, and that is how it should be done really. The people that work at your club/franshise whatever you want to call it, should matter all the way down to the scouting level. But when you can just buy your team and win trophies, scouts don't really matter as much, because you're just buying already established top class players, instead of relying on the talent of your scouts to find gems.

I love football, obviously that's why I'm on this forum, but I hate that we have these super teams in most leagues that are realistically going to be the only ones that win. Spain and Germany are probably the worst right now. I like the parity that the Prem is showing right now, even though that has meant us dropping out of the top 4.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:29 am

The Spurs literally shipped Kawhi out of the country. el em ef ay oh

The Raptors are a bitch ass organization tho - doing DeMar dirty like that.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Worked out for the Lakers. Now they don't have to lose anybody, but just have to wait a year to get him in free agency.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Kawhi must be FUMING.

Wasting a year with the Raptors and we need to be clear, if people are saying "Yeah but one year then he gets his Lakers move"

Remember we don't even know in fact rumour's are that he doesn't even want to team up with Lebron at the Lakers.

So this whole thing is a wasted scenario.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:39 pm

any thought on Melo? ( he's a joke, imo)
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:43 pm

Great scorer but lazy as f**k and cancerous to his teams.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Great scorer but lazy as f**k and cancerous to his teams.

What do you make of the Kawhi Leonard fiasco?

Seems like a waste of a season to me but there will be a lot of damage to his stock for when he's a free agent if he spends the year sulking.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports