NBA

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NBA

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Why would Leonard be embarrassed if Steph gets a hot hand?

You make it sound like Kawhi will be guarding Curry.

He'll be guarding a combination of Klay, KD and maybe Green at times.

KD isn't making the finals, he may feature if its a long series but I don't think he'll be in the first 2 games from reports.

What I mean is that people are pumping Kawhi as the best player in the world in some sections and I don't think Kawhi can match Steph Curry on offence when he's on, in fact he can't, no one can, simple as that.

Harden is an all round offensive maestro iso player and he got tanked when Curry hit 2nd gear in the last two games.

Both Kawhi and Curry are the star players, both are who people look to, to drive the team forward and win games, I'm saying people sleep on Curry because he can't D-Up like other bigger players but if he gets a hot hand, he'll destroy the Raptors.

Whether its his dribbling, ball playing, handle, passing or step back 3's from yards behind the D line, if he gets hot their toast and kawhi won't be able to either stop it or get his team back in it to win.

........... now if Curry is having an off shooting game then yes Kawhi will be fine.

Watch the shot at 5:10 mins in against the Spurs ......... frankly that is fkin ridiculous.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun May 26, 2019 10:04 pm

I don't think Kawhi can match Steph Curry on offence when he's on, in fact he can't, no one can, simple as that

Durant, Harden and LeBron?

You really go overboard with your propping up of Steph. We all now he is an amazing player, but he isn't the best in the world nor is he the biggest offensive threat.

"No one can match Curry", you're making it sound like he's Wilt, MJ or Kobe.

http://m.espn.com/nba/leagueleaders?src=desktop

now if Curry is having an off shooting game then yes Kawhi will be fine.

What do you mean by this?

Again, Leonard will not be guarding Steph.

Also, it's the Warriors vs Raptors not Steph vs Kawhi.

If Steph has an off shooting night the Raptors will be fine, not Kawhi individually.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 27, 2019 1:12 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
I don't think Kawhi can match Steph Curry on offence when he's on, in fact he can't, no one can, simple as that

Durant, Harden and LeBron?

You really go overboard with your propping up of Steph. We all now he is an amazing player, but he isn't the best in the world nor is he the biggest offensive threat.

"No one can match Curry", you're making it sound like he's Wilt, MJ or Kobe.

http://m.espn.com/nba/leagueleaders?src=desktop

now if Curry is having an off shooting game then yes Kawhi will be fine.

What do you mean by this?

Again, Leonard will not be guarding Steph.

Also, it's the Warriors vs Raptors not Steph vs Kawhi.

If Steph has an off shooting night the Raptors will be fine, not Kawhi individually.

Two things.

Firstly, I don't see why your having so much trouble grasping what I already explained ........ certain sections of the media are stating that Kawhi Leonard either is or is in the running for best player in the league and what I'm saying is that if Curry has one of his master classes where he destroys the opposition that is going to look like a hype job gone wrong the same way Giannis hype has taken a bit of a beating.

That is what I mean by Kawhi would be in trouble, its all fair and well certain members of the media saying "Kawhi is the best in the world" until Curry drops 35 pts on you and passes your team into oblivion.

Second.
You say I'm hyping Curry, let me be clear, on his day Curry is as unstoppable as MJ, Kobe or Wilt.
I don't give a fk what your saying, I've seen Curry do it, it is not opinion, his team play combined with his unstoppable 3 pt shooting has devastated teams over and over and its part of the reason the Warriors are in their 4th final?

Again, and for the last time, when his shooting is off he doesn't compare to MJ's offence, that's a given, but when it is he's outright unstoppable and his 3's are worth more than MJ's dunks even when he's not shooting his play making is among the best in the league.

He's the best shooter that's ever lived, how can you say his offence doesn't compare to the greats?

Your issue is your thinking too much of iso players, KD is probably the best iso player out there but offence is everything you can do past the half way line, including team play as well as your own scoring potential, KD doesn't drag his team to finals, just look at his time in OKC, Harden just got taken out by Curry, he couldn't dig the Rockets out of trouble the way Curry did in the 2nd half.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon May 27, 2019 1:24 am

How many scoring titles has Curry won?

Seeing as he's offensively as gifted as Wilt, MJ, KD, Harden etc..

What is his career PPG?

Everyone knows Curry is the best 3 pt shooter ever, but you said no one can match Curry which is plain bullshit as the stats show.

Also Leonard losing to the Warriors, one of the most stacked teams in history, does not make him a hype job.

That's a ridiculous notion.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 27, 2019 1:56 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:How many scoring titles has Curry won?

Seeing as he's offensively as gifted as Wilt, MJ, KD, Harden etc..

What is his career PPG?

Everyone knows Curry is the best 3 pt shooter ever, but you said no one can match Curry which is plain bullshit as the stats show.

Also Leonard losing to the Warriors, one of the most stacked teams in history, does not make him a hype job.

That's a ridiculous notion.

Stacked with a depleted bench and without KD ............ try again.

Just because Kerr trains up guys like Looney etc to actually look decent by putting them into the system, if Looney were on any other team he'd be a scrub.

KD's injured, Cousins injured, Iggy's getting old, so is Livingstone, Bogurt can barely play he's that hobbled.

Apart from Green, Klay and Curry ........... where are these super stars?

Green and Klay are looked at as secondary stars at that, Curry is the bonafide star there right now.

Leonard is a great two way player but what I'm saying is that Curry's offence on form can sweep the Raptors aside which will leave Leonard standing there with his d*ck in his hand that's all ........... and if that happens it will look a bit embarrassing.

Pretty much like how Damian Lillard must of felt when GSW swept Portland.

We'll see what happens anyway, some of Curry's criticism is that he hasn't really been on fire in the finals ........... lets see if it happens this year.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Tue May 28, 2019 6:42 pm

warriors will just make sure van vleet doesnt do squat and then its a done deal...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 31, 2019 1:30 am

Excited for this, got more faith in the Warriors than bloody those losers at AFC.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri May 31, 2019 2:01 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Excited for this, got more faith in the Warriors than bloody those losers at AFC.

Well obviously the Warriors are one of the best teams ever.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri May 31, 2019 3:48 am

Warriors better hope KD is ready soon.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Fri May 31, 2019 4:01 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Warriors better hope KD is ready soon.

Raptors with the energy from their first ever Finals appearance and with a home crowd to boot.

The Warriors will be fine with or without KD. Will go to 6 or 7 games though imo
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Fri May 31, 2019 11:59 am

That was probably just a tease for the Raptors. Hope they pull it off though, would be cool to see them upset em, although I've had enough of this Drake BS, dude needs to just go home for a bit.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 31, 2019 12:39 pm

Warriors held them almost all night long to within 10 pts and they had a poor game by their standards.

Neither Curry or Klay lit up the board, after seeing that I know the Warriors can best this lot .......... however one thing worrying me, GS bench didn't look great tonight and I feel they need Boogie Cousins especially as KD is not an option.

Gasol and Siakam were doing most of the damage outside of Kawhi last night, I've been watching Gasol over these play offs and the man's a dangerous player.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri May 31, 2019 2:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Neither Curry or Klay lit up the board

Curry scored 34 points.

The most he's scored in a game this post season is 38.

What's your definition of lighting up the board?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 31, 2019 5:56 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Neither Curry or Klay lit up the board

Curry scored 34 points.

The most he's scored in a game this post season is 38.

What's your definition of lighting up the board?

Curry would usually get another 30pts from Klay, KD or Green or a good combination.

That's why they lost, Curry had minimal help last night, credit to the Raptors they stepped up big but that's about the best the Raptors can do ........... my point was that GSW were still within touching distance of winning.

We'll see next game but the Warriors bench is in terrible shape so I'm concerned.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:12 am

Like I said:
LMAO wrote:Raptors with the energy from their first ever Finals appearance and with a home crowd to boot.

The Warriors will be fine with or without KD. Will go to 6 or 7 games though imo

That 18-0 run in the third was peak third quarter Warriors.

Klay gets injured, Steph has an off game, and Iggy decides to be an asteroid and kill the dinosaur.

Ridiculous that Klay goes down and KD comes back. Cheat codes irl
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports