NBA

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NBA

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:23 am

Lebron needs to make LA bring another over, Kawhi in particular.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:28 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Lebron needs to make LA bring another over, Kawhi in particular.

That would be insane but i doubt either wants to play second fiddle to the other.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:36 am

Jedieurokrem wrote:What the actual f**k. All 5 of their starters are superstars and amongst best in their positions now.

Gonna boycott the NBA until the Warriors get dissolved. Ruined the sport. They should go for Kawhi now. Would be a decent 6th man.

PG: Kyrie
SG: Oladipo
SF: DeRozan
PF: Giannis
C: Embiid

A starting 5 of the East's top players isn't better than the Warriors starting 5 (if Boogie is healthy).

It would literally take the West's, sans the Warriors, top players to find a better or comparable starting 5 in either conference:
PG: Westbrook
SG: Harden
SF: Kawhi
PF: LeBron
C: Unibrow

It's egregious. The NBA is f***ked. Silver needs to step in for basketball reasons like how Stern blocked Chris Paul's move to the Lakers.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:43 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Lebron needs to make LA bring another over, Kawhi in particular.

Best move is to wait a year and let Kawhi become a free agent (as well as Boogie returning to form and getting his payday away from the Bay). The downside is LeBron is a year older, but there's no other way if they're to have a prayer.

Otherwise, they have to give up Ingram and Kuzma, leaving it all to LeBron and Kawhi, and they can't 2v5 the Warriors.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:08 am

I have never seen a team of cowards as assembled by the Warriors.

It is disgraceful.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:06 am

Mike Dean wrote:I have never seen a team of cowards as assembled by the Warriors.

It is disgraceful.

What a load of BS.

They only added Durrant, who yes is a big factor but they were already winning before he got there.

Green, Thompson, Curry and the supporting cast are all originals.

They signed one player in Kevin Durrant and apparently they are accused of amassing every super star in the NBA, ONE player!!!

Cousins is injured till January more than likely and is only on a 1 year contract so that hardly counts.

Miami Heat actually brought in more stars than the Warriors have.

Y'all are some salty ass bitches, the real reason the Warriors dominate is because unlike the other selfish ass ballers in the NBA, the Warriors are happy to sacrifice individual stats for greatness, the fact that some are questioning whether Kawhi would go to the Lakers sacred of playing 2nd fiddle to Lebron just show's exactly why the Warriors will continue to dominate.

Do we slate Jordan and the Bulls for going out and getting Rodman?

People mad because the Warriors are good "They ruined the NBA" no they didn't, they just got lucky they had young players develop the way they have and that they're the only stars in the league that believe in team work.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:07 pm

good call, salty ass bitches... sounds about right.

the crying is hilarious.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Losmeister wrote:good call, salty ass bitches... sounds about right.

the crying is hilarious.

If GSW had signed three or so stars I would agree with them, they've bought the league.

But if you step back and look at it ........... they've only bought one player.

Fair enough he's a hell of a player but what's so different to the Heat having Lebron, Wade and Bosh?

Anyway, really looking forward to see how the Lakers deal with this now, Lebron is going to be seeing GS regularly now as he's in the Western Conference.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:48 pm

cos, i guess that would make big socrates a coward for going to LA, right?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:16 pm

All this complaining about the NBA and yet this is exactly how European football is. In each league there is 1 or 2 teams that can realistically win it, with the exception of the Prem. So why is it ok for football but not the NBA?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:48 pm

because GW should be sub-named, WhingeCity
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

No, but we would have slated Jordan if he had left the Bulls to join Magic Johnson and the Lakers when he was unable to win a championship.

I'm not salty, I just like a semblance of competition; we already know where the championship is headed and we're months away from opening tip.

But hey if you guys like watching an NBA where the outcome is predetermined before the season has begun, more power to you.

Great if you're a Warriors fan I guess.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:02 pm

No idea whats happened but cousins in group chat keep talking about it

Someone give me a footballing equivalent
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:48 pm

Ach wrote:No idea whats happened but cousins in group chat keep talking about it

Someone give me a footballing equivalent

I'm using Barcelona because they had their homegrown core (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes) like the Warriors have theirs (Curry, Green, Thompson).

Imagine Chelsea won the CL in 2008 instead of United. Barcelona still wins in 2009 against United, and it was Cristiano's final year on his contract.

Ron joins Barca on a free in the summer of 2009.

A couple seasons later in 2011, Thiago Silva decides to go to Barca.

If you're not a fan of Barcelona, would you find football boring when the season's outcome is virtually predetermined?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:18 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No, but we would have slated Jordan if he had left the Bulls to join Magic Johnson and the Lakers when he was unable to win a championship.

I'm not salty, I just like a semblance of competition; we already know where the championship is headed and we're months away from opening tip.

But hey if you guys like watching an NBA where the outcome is predetermined before the season has begun, more power to you.

Great if you're a Warriors fan I guess.

Yeah but like you said ......... you would slate Jordan, not the Lakers or Magic.

So why is GSW as a team getting so much hate, douche on Durrant if you want but GSW were doing their thing before Durrant joined.

As for competition, the Cavs vs GSW was just a sad sight, yes their win was great, but are you not sick of this Cav's team not able to attract what Lebron needs?
Are you not sick of Lebron having to drag that team to the finals while his team mates clearly don't belong there?

I know GSW is stacked, as a team unit, adding Durant, but because of this are you not excited to see if Lebron and the Lakers get Kawhi or other players to supe up the Lakers and give Lebron the team he deserves?

The West is popping now, Lebron / Lakers have to go against GSW, Spurs, OKC, Houston Rockets.

Dude the regular season Western Conference is going to be as lit as the play offs / Finals.

I'm over watching Lebron and his East teams fake their way into contention, imagine if the Lakers, OKC or the Rockets bump GSW off in the West? then its no finals for them and someone else gets a shot.

Trying to stop them from the East with those weak ass teams is not getting it done.

Durant's move has forced this and this will create that balance your asking for ......... in the West anyway, the East is a lost cause.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports