Golf

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: Golf

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:35 pm

Awful start by Europe.
No spark at all, just loose shots.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:43 pm

Oh shit, Lowry ahead of Rose, Rose is Mr Consistent!!! Dafuq!

Perhaps the Poulter/McIlroy pairing was to allow McIlroy to be aggressive with his distance, knowing that Poulter would be pretty dependable.

Which golf sim do you have Jay? Im thinking of putting one in my "man cave" when I move house
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:47 pm

theHotHead wrote:Oh shit, Lowry ahead of Rose, Rose is Mr Consistent!!! Dafuq!

Perhaps the Poulter/McIlroy pairing was to allow McIlroy to be aggressive with his distance, knowing that Poulter would be pretty dependable.

Which golf sim do you have Jay? Im thinking of putting one in my "man cave" when I move house

I have a Foresight GC2 (and full permanent set up, with huge impact screen / projector/ frame , etc)
If I was doing it again I would probably go for the Uneekor (newer version)

Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:50 pm

Nuggets wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Didn't look like we were at the races at all ! Every tournament I have high hopes that McIlroy will rediscover his form and every tournament I am let down. Can't have passengers against this USA team.

which of you are keen golfers and still play ?

Used to play my best round ever played to 4 on 71 par course other than that 14 HC

Go on my son. I got back into it big time with my bro, cousins and mates about 7 years ago, threatened scores in the 70s but end up getting tight and scoring in the 80s :angry:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:08 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Didn't look like we were at the races at all ! Every tournament I have high hopes that McIlroy will rediscover his form and every tournament I am let down. Can't have passengers against this USA team.

Used to play my best round ever played to 4 on 71 par course other than that 14 HC

Go on my son. I got back into it big time with my bro, cousins and mates about 7 years ago, threatened scores in the 70s but end up getting tight and scoring in the 80s :angry:

Tightness is a killer - especially in the shoulders.

I score in the high 70's, low 80's.
Improved massively since the sim went in.

Best round is a -3, 69....but that was on the sim ;) It's 5-8 shots easier than RL.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:42 pm

My problem is getting all aspects of the game right for all 18 holes, ball striking, putting, short game, driving. I used to be guilty of over-thinking my swing, trying to focus and remember all the technical elements that I have learned. Now I swing much more freely.

Not helped either by my bro who has freekin super power, he tends to hit 2 clubs up from everyone else, talk about give people a power complex!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:02 pm

theHotHead wrote:My problem is getting all aspects of the game right for all 18 holes, ball striking, putting, short game, driving. I used to be guilty of over-thinking my swing, trying to focus and remember all the technical elements that I have learned. Now I swing much more freely.

Not helped either by my bro who has freekin super power, he tends to hit 2 clubs up from everyone else, talk about give people a power complex!!

That's the biggest problem everyone has with golf. Consistency.

You can play three or four great holes then suddenly you start playing shit. It's infuriating.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:14 pm

theHotHead wrote:My problem is getting all aspects of the game right for all 18 holes, ball striking, putting, short game, driving. I used to be guilty of over-thinking my swing, trying to focus and remember all the technical elements that I have learned. Now I swing much more freely.

Lol, no one is consistent :biggrin:

As for power, after a certain amount, power is not helpful for amateurs, though.
Sure if you are playing off the championship tees on long courses like the pro's.. but men's tees you only need to drive it 250 yards and you are golden. Never seen a club player stripe it 300 and keep it on the fairway consistently.
250 yards is an easy swing with good contact.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rockape » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

I’ve been a regular player for 45 years, a member of a decent Club in all that time. Haven’t played since mid August though as I went on holiday and then fecked up my knee.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:05 pm

Loving seeing the Spaniards coming back from 3 down to finish off Koepka the arrogate prick!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:24 pm

Phil71 wrote:

You can play three or four great holes then suddenly you start playing shit. It's infuriating.

Lol, and the level of shit after playing the previous hole like a pro!! Ok so how many golf clubs have y'all smashed in anger? I have smashed a putter and 2 drivers.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Rockape » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:43 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Lol, and the level of shit after playing the previous hole like a pro!! Ok so how many golf clubs have y'all smashed in anger? I have smashed a putter and 2 drivers.

Is that all? I’d have had you down for a couple of bags of clubs! :lol:

I chucked club up trees, into cornfields broken putters and drivers….lost count! :)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:56 pm

When my Mrs was pregnant with one of ours we went to see her midwife and the Mrs asked about exercise. The midwife said she should continue to exercise even when heavily pregnant, but stick to long walks. I said, "These long walks... is it alright if she carries a golf bag?"

Cue stony faced looks from both.

Women have no sense of humour.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:27 pm

Well that could be that then... 11-5.
USA just need 3.5 points from 12 in the singles.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:20 am

Phil71 wrote:When my Mrs was pregnant with one of ours we went to see her midwife and the Mrs asked about exercise. The midwife said she should continue to exercise even when heavily pregnant, but stick to long walks. I said, "These long walks... is it alright if she carries a golf bag?"

Cue stony faced looks from both.

Women have no sense of humour.

:clap: :rofll: :rofll:
Classic ....when playing and thinking wow I have got this now, the next shot straight in the rough. lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports