Golf Tips Please!

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: Golf Tips Please!

Postby gzagee » Sat May 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Same here. Got a set of old wilsons for £26 off ebay and a mate gave me his King Cobra driver. Bought a RAM driver off ebay the other day but can't hit the blasted thing. :banghead:

Should be playing 18 next sunday and another 9-hole in a few weeks after work one evening.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: Golf Tips Please!

Postby sarngooner » Sat May 30, 2009 10:18 pm

my tip is dont bother if you play anything like me . although im pretty nifty in and around the green put a driver in my hand and im lethal . last time i played on a proper course was at bentleys in brentwood . we played 2 rounds that day and i was having my usual mare of a game and had done some very passable barnes wallace impressions at the water hole . well i was on the 18th tee and lo and behold i sliced my driver straight into a ditch . i tried to get the ball and fell heads over hills to the bottom of the ditch , bag come off my shoulder all my clubs came out and the ditch still had a few inches of slimy water at the bottom . well you can imagine the expletives coming from my gob and just then this little boys head appeared over the edge of the ditch and said do you wanna buy any balls mate . i cant remember what club it was but the nearest one was thrown at him and guess what i shanked that one aswell and me and golf have never been out drinking ever since . golf 4 sarn 0
sarngooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Previous

Return to Other Sports