NFL Thread

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NFL Thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:57 am

Bills and Chiefs just played one of the best games of all time.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:59 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Bills and Chiefs just played one of the best games of all time.

I haven't been watching NFL, who are the top teams this season?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:08 am

What a great weekend of football. Possibly the greatest weekend of the NFL all-time. Every game ended with a walk-off score to win.

Burrow led the Bengals to the AFCCG for the first time in my life.
Rodgers was immunized from participating in the NFCCG.
Despite Cam Akers's best efforts, Stafford and Kupp weren't about to let 27-3 become a meme.
Chiefs-Bills was a banger. Bills lost with the last kickoff in regulation and giving Hill and Kelce too much cushion. OT rules need to be changed, though.

Prefer the Super Bowl to be Bengals-9ers with the Bengals winning their first SB, but I'm okay with any of the remaining teams. I don't have a particular disdain for any team left.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:15 am

"OT rules need to be changed, though"

best I can come up with off the top of my head..

is 2 10 min extra periods.

Therefore, 2 KO's.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:27 am

Bengals vs 49ers would be good… repeat of one of the great Superbowls back in the day.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:49 am

Interesting draft coming up in April too... Ojabo, the kid from Scotland, looks like he might be picked in the first round.
Incredible story.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:56 am

Losmeister wrote:"OT rules need to be changed, though"

Therefore, 2 KO's.

College OT rules >>>>>

Just alter it a little for the NFL. Instead of having each offense start at the 25, make them start at the 50.

Also, out of curiosity, question for any non-American (or Canadian). What do you think of our sports leagues playoffs (like NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL)? I think our leagues having European-style tables where there's a double round-robin and the champion is decided without a playoff would be incredible stupid. But weirdly, I think playoffs for European football leagues wouldn't make sense. Idk guess I'm just a traditionalist.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:06 am

LMAO wrote:

Therefore, 2 KO's.

College OT rules >>>>>

Just alter it a little for the NFL. Instead of having each offense start at the 25, make them start at the 50.

Also, out of curiosity, question for any non-American (or Canadian). What do you think of our sports leagues playoffs (like NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL)? I think our leagues having European-style tables where there's a double round-robin and the champion is decided without a playoff would be incredible stupid. But weirdly, I think playoffs for European football leagues wouldn't make sense. Idk guess I'm just a traditionalist.

Yeah, Playoffs make a lot of sense in the NFL because to play every other team home and away would be over 60 games. Impossible. Without everyone playing each other home and away you can’t know who’s best just from the regular season.

Don’t know enough about the other US sports leagues.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:34 pm

Resurrecting this thread are we? Guess that's what the new NBA style of NFL brings ;)

Last weekend was a great watch but some painful late defending was really embarrassing, particularly the 13 second Bills :rofll:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Bengals vs 49ers would be good… repeat of one of the great Superbowls back in the day.

Would be the ideal SB given the four teams left. Fully expecting Rams - Queefs though so just hope the Rams can pull it off.

Can't have the inbred warriors getting another title so soon.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:47 pm

Santi wrote:Resurrecting this thread are we? Guess that's what the new NBA style of NFL brings ;)

Last weekend was a great watch but some painful late defending was really embarrassing, particularly the 13 second Bills :rofll:

I couldn't believe the Chiefs/Bills game. What a way to choke it. Fans must be devastated.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:53 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Santi wrote:Resurrecting this thread are we? Guess that's what the new NBA style of NFL brings ;)

I couldn't believe the Chiefs/Bills game. What a way to choke it. Fans must be devastated.

Yeah, considering they've been completely shit and irrelevant for years as well.

This year it was theirs to lose really, best overall team, they finally got a stud QB and all the pieces around him to make a go of it...then their #1 ranked defence does that with 13 seconds to go? And the DC is touted for HC jobs :rofll:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:02 am

jayramfootball wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Therefore, 2 KO's.

College OT rules >>>>>

Yeah, Playoffs make a lot of sense in the NFL because to play every other team home and away would be over 60 games. Impossible. Without everyone playing each other home and away you can’t know who’s best just from the regular season.

Don’t know enough about the other US sports leagues.

It'd be super easy for the NBA, MLB, and NHL to have a double-round robin system. Both the NBA and NHL play 82-game regular seasons, but the NBA has 30 teams and NHL 32 teams so play more than they'd have to otherwise (and tbh, I don't really pay attention during the regular season because there are way too many games). The MLB is even worse. 30 teams but 162 games! It's a stats nerd's dream, but absolutely asinine for a regular fan who cba to keep up with all the games. During the regular season, I'll go weeks without bothering to check on games and standings.

But even if they did set up double or even a quadruple round-robin in the case of baseball, it wouldn't feel right to dump the playoffs. Americans love underdog stories and upsets. And even without them, the playoffs are just so full of energy and excitement that a regular season alone just can't compete with.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:06 am

Are you implying sports are soap operas for men? Because if so, I will not argue against that :rofll:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:49 pm

The GOAT retires :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports