WWE

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: WWE

Postby Ach » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:57 am

I would've loved to have gone during the attitude era. Would've been amazing.

Fair play to john cena, love him or hate him. Place was loudest for him when I went. Been a few times. Miz truly is awesome. Interaction with the crowd was hilarious.

Haven't been for a while.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:20 am

Should have retired after that Lesnar loss.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:35 am

Gordon Bennit wrote:100%. Although I enjoy AEW more at the moment, The Undertaker would always be my vote for GOAT. Incredible character which worked across 3 decades but wouldn't have a chance if it started now and no one ever has a bad word to say about the man. Wish I'd seen him wrestle live.

Have you seen the last ride documentary?

It's pretty awesome.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Gordon Bennit » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:31 pm

No but fully intend to. Caught a 13 minute preview/snippet of the first episode on You Tube. Can't see him ever writing a book so this would be the next best thing. I just got carried away with the whole character since I watched Wrestlemania 7 (saw that before his debut at Survivor Series).

Angelito wrote:Should have retired after that Lesnar loss.

He was seriously injured in that one as well. There was no need to end the Streak. In a world of make believe, while everyone knows Lesnar could beat almost anyone in a 'real' match, it won't be more real if he is the one to beat Taker, because it's not real and therefore seems even more stupid to have it happen. What better way to repay the man who showed incredible loyalty to a company that could have gone under than by allowing him to have an accolade which no one else would ever equal? It would have been a genuine gesture of respect in a non genuine entertainment product.
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:42 am

Gordon Bennit wrote:
Angelito wrote:Should have retired after that Lesnar loss.

He was seriously injured in that one as well. There was no need to end the Streak. In a world of make believe, while everyone knows Lesnar could beat almost anyone in a 'real' match, it won't be more real if he is the one to beat Taker, because it's not real and therefore seems even more stupid to have it happen. What better way to repay the man who showed incredible loyalty to a company that could have gone under than by allowing him to have an accolade which no one else would ever equal? It would have been a genuine gesture of respect in a non genuine entertainment product.

That's not my argument though. He had an amazing run from 2007 until that End of an Era match, which is amongst the greatest matches of all time. He should have retired on a high after that match, or a year later, when he had a fantastic match with Punk.

As for the streak ending, in principle, I agree. But the tradition in wrestling is that you always go out on your back. In 'Taker's case, there should have been an exception. I can, however, understand the motive behind his loss.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Gordon Bennit » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:36 am

No I know and I agree. If Lesnar beats the streak, then go out on the most memorable moment in decades. The fan with the bulging eyes of disbelief is such an iconic image. No idea why he came back as he didn't need the money and he spoke years before about not wanting to be someone about whom a dad would tell his son, 'if only you could see this guy ten years ago etc.' Paraphrasing there obviously.
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:51 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55166055

RIP to a legend

Only saw him as one of Vince stooges in the attitude era but he was great at it.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55166055

RIP to a legend

Only saw him as one of Vince stooges in the attitude era but he was great at it.

I cannot pay tribute to him because of what he did to the ring boys in the 80s and 90s.

Apparently he was a real Jimmy Savile.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:03 am

https://youtu.be/MkFRdOg_oxU

No idea how to put YouTube videos on.

This is emotional

RIP bad guy
Ach
Poster of the Month