NFL Thread

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NFL Thread

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:59 pm

Don't want that league here in my city, nor want the NFL anymore. We're on the verge of getting a MLS team, and would much rather have that here.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:15 pm

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:05 pm

Saints finally lost again then, first time since week 1. Had a feeling the Cowboys could give them a game but thought it'd be a 44-41 shootout style game with Amari Cooper going nuts, rather than a defensive show.

Meanwhile we kept two of the leagues best receivers to less than 80 yards combined :hail:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:38 pm

Why put Gronk back there you clown BB

Embarrassing loss, huge impact on the season and KC ended up winning so even worse. FML
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:13 am

After 6.5 quarters of crap offense, they finally woke up and got their mojo back. And with a Rams loss, Home Sweet Dome is back on the menu! Just gotta beat the Panthers with a bum shoulder Cam x2 and an underwhelming Steelers team to secure HFA at 14-2.

Da Bears really came through tonight. That defense reinforced my belief that the Bears are the NFC team that scares me the most. While I don't think any team can come into the Dome and win in the playoffs, the Bears defense would make it one hell of a game that I would prefer to not tempt fate with.

Santi wrote:Why put Gronk back there you clown BB

Because the Dolphins had to go 69 yards :sneaky2:

At least the Texans lost too, so y'all still control your own destiny for a first-round bye.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:18 am

And the Steelers, but that'll make them more fired up for Sunday. Once we're past that game (assuming we win) then we should have the bye.

Going into Arrowhead won't be fun though.

Shame about the Bears win, wanted the Rams to have HFA in the NFC champ game to have any chance of stopping the Saints. Not really scared of the Rams but the Saints are unstoppable.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:53 am

Santi wrote:And the Steelers, but that'll make them more fired up for Sunday. Once we're past that game (assuming we win) then we should have the bye.

Shame about the Bears win, wanted the Rams to have HFA in the NFC champ game to have any chance of stopping the Saints. Not really scared of the Rams but the Saints are unstoppable.

Hey man, f**k you too. I thought us Gatebreaux were cool lol

Re: Chiefs. If the Chargers can win on Thursday in KC, I can see them winning out and getting the #1 seed (think the Chiefs take an L in Seattle).

btw, when you watch games, are you watching the feeds with our commentators? If so, I apologize because there are only a few good commentating teams. Most are mediocre or terrible.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:55 am

Kirk "$84 million guaranteed" Cousins, everyone. Imagine letting Keenum go for this :rofll: Most overrated QB along with Stafford.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 pm

LMAO wrote:
Santi wrote:And the Steelers, but that'll make them more fired up for Sunday. Once we're past that game (assuming we win) then we should have the bye.

Hey man, f**k you too. I thought us Gatebreaux were cool lol

Re: Chiefs. If the Chargers can win on Thursday in KC, I can see them winning out and getting the #1 seed (think the Chiefs take an L in Seattle).

btw, when you watch games, are you watching the feeds with our commentators? If so, I apologize because there are only a few good commentating teams. Most are mediocre or terrible.

Haha tbf if it's not us then the Saints deserve it and would be happy for you, but you're the team that I don't think we can beat with this terrible defense. Rams v Pats would be a shootout, like the KC matchup, and I'm at least 60% confident we can win out in that scenario.

Would be surprised if the Chargers get #1, knowing them they'll blow it against the Broncos in the final game. A win on Thursday would blow it open but blow our chances of a bye as well so not sure which to root for :crybaby:

I'm usually watching through sky tbh so not 100% sure but think they just piggyback the CBS coverage so we get those guys. Not 100% sure who is on most of the time but they seem alright if I'm honest, sometimes disagree with them but nothing I don't do with all the BT Sport comms in football (with the round object) :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:28 am

If the Rams get the #2 seed, I honestly don't think they'll make it to the NFCCG, let alone the Super Bowl. Even if/when they rematch the Bears or Seahawks in the divisional round, I don't think the Rams win against either team. Defense usually comes ahead in the playoffs, which is also why I think KC falls. LAC would worry me more because they can actually play defense.

I'm actually hoping for a Saints-Pats SB, mainly so Drew can finally be recognized by everyone as being in the same tier as Brady and Manning since he'd have beaten both for his rings (assuming a Saints win obvi). It'd most likely be the last time Brees and Brady play against each other. And Payton as one of the best offensive minds the game has ever seen would get to go against Belichick, one of the best defensive minds in NFL history. It'd be hype for sure.

And ah okay. Was wondering because I usually only watch the early time slot if the Saints are playing, so I assumed most of the early game commentators were worse than the 4:00ET/1:00PT and primetime games. Romo, Al Michaels, and Tirico are the only ones I can stomach from the non-early games lol
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:46 am

The race for HFA in the AFC has been blown wide open. Four teams in it now (KC, LAC, NE, Hou).

1. Chiefs (11-3)
2. Patriots (9-4)
3. Texans (9-4)
4. Steelers (7-5-1)
5. Chargers (11-3)
6. Ravens (7-6)

Sucks for one of KC and LAC. Both could end the season 13-3, yet the Chargers would be the #5 seed, or KC could have to take the #5 seed at 12-4.

Really want the Chargers to get the #1 seed. Would be hilarious for the StubHub Center to have HFA with a capacity of 27,000.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Just watched the full game as I had it on record, man i'm so happy the Chargers won...even if it makes everything harder for us. The officiating in that game was truly terrible and completely against them before the final touchdown, which probably should've been OPI, so glad they overcame those cocky Chiefs.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:29 am

FFS, Sam Darnold played a good game but the Jets really blew that match.

Should've had the Texans on toast but missed extra points, non-challenges and Darnold going for TD's rather than 1st downs combined with a couple of dodgy calls (Hopkins did not get 1st down on that last TD from the looks) ends up in a defeat.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:39 am

Yh Darnold really blew it the last 2 drives with his eyes lighting up when he had easy short completions open. Good game overall but his inexperience showed and he got a bit over confident.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:02 am

This might actually be the season the Pats don't do much.

KC/LAC and Houston are looking really good for those byes.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports