Moderator position available

All forum-related announcements will be posted here.

Re: Moderator position available

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:58 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I have been noticing a fashionable trend with gooners these days. As everybody knows our fans were never more split than they are today when it comes to the hot topic WENGER. As far as i can see there is no ambiguity cos the last time we won something was 8 years back. So time can not be the excuse for taking a particular side. The point i am trying to make is simple either you think Wenger is past it and want him replaced or you still think he is the man for the job and want him to conitnue in the office. There is no place for another argument as to the board/Kroenke situation as they are not going away in the near future.

Either you think Wenger is the man for the job under the ''current circumstances'' or you don't. I have seen this latest fashionable trend of Middle-Men dabbling in either camps trying to draw brawny points from either side. The hardest thing in life is to make an unambiguous choice. Not saying there is something terribly wrong about having one foot on either side just trying to say that diplomacy is the easiest or the most convenient thing in life. Saying how the Wenger out ''MOB'' has taken over this forum is a silly thing to say cos there are more people who want him out on this form than they want him to continue. The truth cannot be farther than that. I respect if not agree with the people who back Wenger but what i do not get are those people who point out a string of Wenger's fallacies yet have a go at the people who want him out for the same.

With all due respect, this has nothing to do with the mod position. Now, someone's thoughts and feelings shouldn't really be taken into account when deciding this position. It really shouldn't matter if they think Wenger is the best thing since sliced bread or not, it should come down to the basic fact of are they suitable or not?

I think the topic has been hijacked much before my post.

Plus somebody suggested how a person from Wenger out crowd is not suitable for being a mod.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:45 pm

It wasn't hijacked, the issue was brought up simply because the 'wenger out mob' are just as relentless as the 'wenger knows brigade'. You would be hard pressed to any fan - let alone a member on this forum - that doesn't want another manager brought in, but mods shouldn't have their own agendas.

It all comes down to definition I suppose. You can still be a fan of the crazy old frenchman but still be critical of him, and therefore not be part of the naive 'wkb'. Alternatively you can still want him out without turning every thread into a Wenger debate, and therefore not be part of the 'wom'. A mod that falls into either category would be a major pain in the arse and would fail at being able to moderate threads if the mod him/herself can't refrain from pushing opinions on people... as the relentless wkb and wob do!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Est83 wrote:It wasn't hijacked, the issue was brought up simply because the 'wenger out mob' are just as relentless as the 'wenger knows brigade'. You would be hard pressed to any fan - let alone a member on this forum - that doesn't want another manager brought in, but mods shouldn't have their own agendas.

It all comes down to definition I suppose. You can still be a fan of the crazy old frenchman but still be critical of him, and therefore not be part of the naive 'wkb'. Alternatively you can still want him out without turning every thread into a Wenger debate, and therefore not be part of the 'wom'. A mod that falls into either category would be a major pain in the arse and would fail at being able to moderate threads if the mod him/herself can't refrain from pushing opinions on people... as the relentless wkb and wob do!

Not disagreeing with you Est but somebody like PG who is firmly in the Wenger out camp is perfectly suited to be a mod cos he does not shove his PERSONAL OPINION forcefully on to others. I would say anybody who moderates the forum by keeping his personal views aside, irrespective of whether he belong to the Wenger out or WKB, should be able to a good job of it but becoming a mod does not necessarily mean one needs to tow the diplomatic path. He is free to express his views but only requirement for me would be that he does not use his so called mod power to muzzle the opposites views.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Est83 wrote:It wasn't hijacked, the issue was brought up simply because the 'wenger out mob' are just as relentless as the 'wenger knows brigade'. You would be hard pressed to any fan - let alone a member on this forum - that doesn't want another manager brought in, but mods shouldn't have their own agendas.

Not disagreeing with you Est but somebody like PG who is firmly in the Wenger out camp is perfectly suited to be a mod cos he does not shove his PERSONAL OPINION forcefully on to others. I would say anybody who moderates the forum by keeping his personal views aside, irrespective of whether he belong to the Wenger out or WKB, should be able to a good job of it but becoming a mod does not necessarily mean one needs to tow the diplomatic path. He is free to express his views but only requirement for me would be that he does not use his so called mod power to muzzle the opposites views.

+1
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Keep it on topic guys. :smartass:

See, I got this mod stuff down pat. :lol:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

The only mob I'd attach PG to would be the "big players make me jizz" mob. PG's actually an example of someone I would say is quite clear on his views on Wenger but isn't part of the WOM (imo) simply because he doesn't turn every thread into a debate on Wenger. I'm sure he'd proudly say that he's member of the WOM :dontknow: but this is why I mentioned peoples' definitions. "WOM" and "WKB" are almost used as insults on this forum.

The mod - like everyone else- should be perfectly able to express their view on wanting Wenger in or out without making every thread about the debate, and without spouting dribble like "we'll be a mid table team without him".

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ClockEnd Mark » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 am

I think a newbie would be better,,,no pre-conceptions and stuff.

for eg`s.....a newbie wont get the same treatment as an old hand in a disagreement.
ClockEnd Mark
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:14 am

ModmanAFC wrote:I think a newbie would be better,,,no pre-conceptions and stuff.

for eg`s.....a newbie wont get the same treatment as an old hand in a disagreement.

How new would the member have to be?
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:23 am

It's all a matter of trust. Im not going to let someone be a moderator and have access to the admin control panel when I barely know them and they've been here 2 minutes :)

I'll be making a decision in the next few days anyway.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Trina wrote:It's all a matter of trust. Im not going to let someone be a moderator and have access to the admin control panel when I barely know them and they've been here 2 minutes :)

That's me out then ;)
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Younggooner08 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:06 pm

:whistle:
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Trina wrote:It's all a matter of trust. Im not going to let someone be a moderator and have access to the admin control panel when I barely know them and they've been here 2 minutes :)

thats why Trina is the boss,clever thinking right there!
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:02 pm

I havent put myself forward because I dont feel I would be the sort of Mod the forum needs. I am sometimes not on for a few weeks at a time, and my technical knowlage is limited. I have also made my views re Wenger very clear and I wouldnt be willing to be any less vocal about that. I dont feel I could do that as a Mod. Lastly I swear too much. (Of course I dont presume that I would have been considered anyway) but I prefer to support the forum in my own way and offer my support to whoever is chosen.

:arsenal3:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Previous

Return to Announcements