GW's future

All forum-related announcements will be posted here.

Re: GW set to close on May 4th

Postby StockGooner » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm

Echo a few others

I'm not posting as much but still enjoy the site so if there's a donation link, I'll definitely put something towards it

Thanks to everyone who's contributed time and energy so far
User avatar
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:56 pm
Location: Stockport, UK

Re: GW set to close on May 4th

Postby MathyGooner » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:04 pm

Jedi wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Hi guys,

I’ve spoken to Trina - Please see below.

Image

Any objections let me know.

J (GunnGunn).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No objections, but I have a recommendation.

After your takeover is done, I recommend a harsh crackdown on dissent: Banning everyone who is critical of Comrade Mikel and Comrade Havertz. Their detractors should be contained in special re-educational threads in which they have to write at least 5 positive things a day about both individuals until they come to see reason and stop sowing doubt amongst our ranks that only helps strengthen the enemy.

Image


:lol: :rofll: :lol:
MathyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:45 pm

Re: GW set to close on May 4th

Postby MathyGooner » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:04 pm

StockGooner wrote:Echo a few others

I'm not posting as much but still enjoy the site so if there's a donation link, I'll definitely put something towards it

Thanks to everyone who's contributed time and energy so far
MathyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:45 pm

Re: GW set to close on May 4th

Postby ag6789 » Wed May 01, 2024 2:01 am

Will do my bit if there's an easy process to use a credit card. Let me know. Can do the PayPal too.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 5287
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: GW set to close on May 4th

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed May 01, 2024 1:50 pm

Hi GunnGunn, thanks for stepping up!

I am happy to contribute US $100 to defray the hosting costs and your labour in maintaining the forum.

If you can provide a donation link (Paypal would be great), I can send it over.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham
 
Posts: 13135
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: GW set to close on May 4th

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 03, 2024 2:07 pm

Jedi wrote:Btw, if there's anyone with ANY experience, feel free to chime in.

Primarily, how difficult is it to implement this database to a new website. How complicated is the website back-end stuff in general?

And are there any expenses I'm missing?

Not being funny but Jayram ran an Arenal forum for a while when we both left that cesspool forum Not606, he knows a lot about running forums.
User avatar
theHotHead
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21012
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: GW set to close on May 4th

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 03, 2024 2:11 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:That’s great, we at risk of getting hacked though?
Yup, I already hacked 22-0 and ag6789

Gonna do you mofos next !! :lol:
User avatar
theHotHead
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21012
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: GW set to close on May 4th

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 03, 2024 2:14 pm

Jedi wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:How much is it going to cost, monthly to keep the site going and upgrade the software?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate it's quoted in the post right above you

Yeah but he also asked how much to update the software
User avatar
theHotHead
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21012
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: GW's future

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 03, 2024 2:19 pm

You can tell I only just saw this thread hence the multiple posts !!

Happy to chip in/donate especially for any site upgrades, this is my main Arsenal forum so you can count me in as an interested party.
User avatar
theHotHead
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21012
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: GW's future

Postby GunnGunn » Mon May 20, 2024 8:53 am

Good morning guys,

As of today, I am the site founder/owner.

I expect statues and offerings/Sexual favours within the coming days. The format of the website will not change, the layout of the boards will not change. What will change when I have a chat with Ellimist is upgrading the software to a more up to date Platform, so we can insert links/pictures etc automatically.

I also want to discuss with Ellimist about having a regular separate home page where members can share their own written articles regarding the club and its activities to be broadcast to a wider audience. Regarding audience, I will also be trying to contact some of our esteemed former members to get them back.

Lastly, I will also be be in contact with AFTV about having regular Podcasts for site members, on matchdays, transfer windows etc which will be broadcast on the site for everyone to see.

Moderation will not change, I am not a mod, and I wont be a mod. Piss me off however and I will delete your entire existence off of the site.

Image
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
User avatar
GunnGunn
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month
 
Posts: 19027
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: London

Re: GW's future

Postby Ach » Mon May 20, 2024 8:56 am

Bring back the music
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36633
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: GW's future

Postby MathyGooner » Mon May 20, 2024 11:01 am

GunnGunn wrote:Good morning guys,

As of today, I am the site founder/owner.

I expect statues and offerings/Sexual favours within the coming days. The format of the website will not change, the layout of the boards will not change. What will change when I have a chat with Ellimist is upgrading the software to a more up to date Platform, so we can insert links/pictures etc automatically.

I also want to discuss with Ellimist about having a regular separate home page where members can share their own written articles regarding the club and its activities to be broadcast to a wider audience. Regarding audience, I will also be trying to contact some of our esteemed former members to get them back.

Lastly, I will also be be in contact with AFTV about having regular Podcasts for site members, on matchdays, transfer windows etc which will be broadcast on the site for everyone to see.

Moderation will not change, I am not a mod, and I wont be a mod. Piss me off however and I will delete your entire existence off of the site.

Image


:Peace:
MathyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:45 pm

Re: GW's future

Postby Nuggets » Mon May 20, 2024 2:58 pm

MathyGooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Good morning guys,

As of today, I am the site founder/owner.

I expect statues and offerings/Sexual favours within the coming days. The format of the website will not change, the layout of the boards will not change. What will change when I have a chat with Ellimist is upgrading the software to a more up to date Platform, so we can insert links/pictures etc automatically.

I also want to discuss with Ellimist about having a regular separate home page where members can share their own written articles regarding the club and its activities to be broadcast to a wider audience. Regarding audience, I will also be trying to contact some of our esteemed former members to get them back.

Lastly, I will also be be in contact with AFTV about having regular Podcasts for site members, on matchdays, transfer windows etc which will be broadcast on the site for everyone to see.

Moderation will not change, I am not a mod, and I wont be a mod. Piss me off however and I will delete your entire existence off of the site.

Image


:Peace:

:clap: :1990_dancing.gif:
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 27863
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: GW's future

Postby Santi » Mon May 20, 2024 3:35 pm

Only just seen all this but GunnGunn absolute legend. Not posted here much in the last couple of years but would be a shame to ever lose the place so appreciate the effort to keep it going and do some upgrades.
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 40604
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: GW's future

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 21, 2024 11:00 am

Yeah GunnGunn, you da man for real !!!! GW lives on, it is the way.
User avatar
theHotHead
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21012
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests