Lucas Pérez

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Perez (9)

Postby gooney » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:48 am

aniym wrote:He needs to step up quick. Neither Sanchez nor Walcott are CFs.

Sent from my GEM-703L using Tapatalk

Give him minutes then....look at Janssen at spurs. How many chances has he been given?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Gooney is right about LA liga.

We would be challenged yo finish in the top 4 there.

Barcelona. RM. AM would easily finish above us. We would have hard time topping Sevilla as well. That team moves the ball so well.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:38 pm

Surely he's starting tommorow
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:52 pm

Arsenal news: Lucas Perez expected more of a 'starring role' after joining Gunners for £17m in the summer

The Spaniard has made just one Premier League start for Arsenal since making the move to north London

New signing Lucas Perez has admitted that he expected more a “starring role” at Arsenal after joining the club in the summer for £17m.

The former Deportivo La Coruna player was brought in during the final days of the transfer window as manager Arsene Wenger sought to bolster his front line options, but the Spaniard has been rarely used.

Since signing for the club, Perez has made just one Premier League start for the Gunners, alongside a single substitute appearance. The 28-year-old has played a mere total of 64 minutes within the league so far.

“When I first arrived here I expected to have more of a starring role,” Perez told Spanish radio station Onda Cero.

“The teammates that are playing in my position are doing a great job. We have won seven games in a row and, at the end of the day, the coach wants what is best for the team.

“I had hoped to have more playing time, but what I have to do now is make the most of the opportunities I get.”

With the likes of Theo Walcott, Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez excelling in recent weeks, Perez has found himself on the periphery of Wenger’s match-day squads.

The Spaniard was, however, put to good use during Arsenal’s EFL clash against Nottingham in which he scored twice to help fire the north London club to a 4-0 victory.

Despite his most recent comments, Perez has signalled his willingness to play the waiting game.

Speaking after Arsenal’s 6-0 win over Ludogorets, the forward told IBTimes: “The coach told me to be quiet because he trusts in me.”

“He says that he has been following me for a long time and that he likes me so I have to be patient. He said that opportunities will come and today he has proved it. He is a good guy and is always there to help us.

“When I came to Arsenal I knew where I was coming. I know there are great players here. I have to wait for the opportunity. Everyone wants to play, but the important thing is the team and we have won seven games in a row.”

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 74986.html

Guy has a good mentality. No doubt his chance will come when he has Theo 'One-Good-Game-In-Ten' Walcott, Olivier 'No-Pace' Giroud, Alex 'Still-Developping' Iwobi, and Aaron 'Lack-of-Positional-Awareness' Ramsey competing with him. As he himself said, he just needs to make the most of the opportunities he gets and, as Wenger so aptly put it,: "the more he does that, the more we will be tempted to say, ‘let’s do it’ "
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:56 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Theo 'One-Good-Game-In-Ten' Walcott

LOL
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:00 am

anyone know what injury he's taken?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Slick » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:09 am

Losmeister wrote:anyone know what injury he's taken?

It was his ankle. Not sure about the severity. He tried to play through it but ended up coming off a few minutes after the initial tackle.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby immsun » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:54 am

He needs to tone down a bit i think.Too heavy right now i think.Not that pacey also because of that.Needs to be more lean.Hope no severe injury.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby KG3 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:31 am

Plays more like a winger which is where he'll probably end up lets just hope that Sanchez/Theo/Welbeck is leading the line alongside him and not Giroud.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 am

But my issue is we needed a Striker, this was a clear requirement, is anyone seeing any potential for him to be that guy?

Don't get me wrong I like his football brain and am rooting for him, but have we ended up with just a £17m ST? because that wasn't what we needed, its all fair and well rooting for him but why should we be putting up with another failed Wenger gamble?

Does he look like he'll get goals?

Wenger imo isn't handling this very well, shoving him on the wing etc.

Looks to me for now we're stuck with Sanchez and Giroud, until Welbeck returns.

.......... basically we never got that ST we demanded.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:00 pm

He looks a nice player but we need someone serious, not some cheap last minute alternative.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:28 pm

He's a decent player. Good close in ball control and good link up play. Probably never going to be good enough to lead the line but that's ok. He is a good utility man to have around. Play him anywhere across the front line as needed but don't have expectations that he's the next Aguero.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Good atittude from Perez in the interview. I don't see Welbeck lasting here, as he's been injured longer than he's been fit for us. He should be starting for League Cup games at the least.

Sent from my GEM-703L using Tapatalk
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:17 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:But my issue is we needed a Striker, this was a clear requirement, is anyone seeing any potential for him to be that guy?

Don't get me wrong I like his football brain and am rooting for him, but have we ended up with just a £17m ST? because that wasn't what we needed, its all fair and well rooting for him but why should we be putting up with another failed Wenger gamble?

Does he look like he'll get goals?

Wenger imo isn't handling this very well, shoving him on the wing etc.

Looks to me for now we're stuck with Sanchez and Giroud, until Welbeck returns.

.......... basically we never got that ST we demanded.

Once it becomes apparent that Sanchez can no longer cut it up top on a consistent basis, then I think that is when we'll see Perez get his chance up front. But for now, it looks like Wenger isn't going to break up what is working and all this, Imo, is a good thing for us assuming Perez is willing to be patient (and it looks like he is). From what I've seen of him so far I believe he's good enough to be first choice striker or a rotational option to a world class striker for next season if Wenger decides to buy one. Perez can use this period or season to get used to the living and playing style in England which, if he remains committed, will only benefit him and us the fans.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:He's a decent player. Good close in ball control and good link up play. Probably never going to be good enough to lead the line but that's ok. He is a good utility man to have around. Play him anywhere across the front line as needed but don't have expectations that he's the next Aguero.

Except for that's exactly what we asked for, if it wasn't for the Sanchez move benefiting the team so much we'd be up in arms.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football