Re: Theo Walcott announces retirement from football

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: The Walcott situation

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:43 pm

sweggeh wrote:
I love Theo, but I think it would be wise to let him go. We have Sanchez Welbeck, Ox, Campbell already for the wings, all who offer similar or more things than him (maybe other than Joel).

False.

On song only Sanchez is superior.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby gooney » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:10 am

Drewgun wrote:Another game where he had no effect because he wasn't given enough supplies from the midfield.. thats the problem i have with Theo.. It's always relying on people to do things for him, he doesn't create enough himself very often.

never have I seen a wide player depend so much on others, but I also never seen a wide player with his pace. I personally hate the guy and I always felt he was a pathetic lazy fvcker. He has been with us for 10 years and its a disgrace someone with his pace havent learned how to dribble. The day i started hated Walcott was 5 years ago when he was interviewed outside a 5 a side pitch and he said something that stayed with me until this day. he was asked who has the most tricks on the training pitch. He said Diaby had, but he wasnt one for tricks That day i realized he will never get far.

Imagine having that pace and you dont think i need to add some tricks to create a half yard for me, cause once i go no one catches me. He has a gift very very few footballers ever had and if anyone is telling he couldnt have done more with that pace by adding more to his game, then they are deluded. he is lazy, unambitious and now greedy. I say sell the fvcker asap
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:06 am

Laughable how according to some Welbeck who cr*ps in his pants at the sight of goal, plays like a winger when he is in the middle and plays like a Striker when he is on the wing who does nothing but copy Grioud's movements is a better option than Theo. There is one thing criticizing a player but there is another going bonkers. How many years has Welbeck been around? Why is he so clumsy and poor in front of the goal?

Theo is our best attacker on the flanks barring Sanchez. When you hardly get a look in wtf do you expect to happen? Give him a run of games and then you will see what he is capable of. Making a case for an Arsenal discared for one of our finest Wider-forwards is laughable. Theo's off the ball runs according to Wenger himself are the best in this team. He is the only one capable of getting behind the opposition defenses. His finishing is very good and his latest few misses were on account of him being rusty.

I rate Ox massively but he also is not prolific in front of the goal and is not as good as Theo when it comes to off the ball running. Ox is a ball carrier who is direct but Theo is more of a off the ball runner and shooter. Comparing Theo and Ox is unfair as both of them bring different stuff to the plate despite occupying the same position.

As i said the other day people want Wilshere/Theo sold but want to keep Arteta/Welbeck. What has this world come to?
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby sweggeh » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:13 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Laughable how according to some Welbeck who cr*ps in his pants at the sight of goal, plays like a winger when he is in the middle and plays like a Striker when he is on the wing who does nothing but copy Grioud's movements is a better option than Theo. There is one thing criticizing a player but there is another going bonkers. How many years has Welbeck been around? Theo is our best attacker on the flanks barring Sanchez. When you hardly get a look in wtf do you expect to happen? Give him a run of games and then you will see what he is capable of.

Contrast the performances for England of Welbeck and Theo the last couple of matches. It just sums up the difference between the two.

Theo has one asset, which is running in behind. If he doesn't have that, he is literally useless. He cannot take players on, he cannot pass that well, he isn't good in the air or holding up the ball. Welbeck for all his defiencies in front of goal is a much better player than Theo in most facets aside from finishing and making runs.

Thats not to say making runs and finishing isn't important, because it is. Which is why they can both be useful players for us in different situations. But the point I am making is, with the strong group of wingers/strikers we have and the fact that all signs point towards us looking to sign another striker/winger in the summer, then Theo is not worth the wages he wants us to give him. We can easily survive without him.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:16 am

sweggeh wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Laughable how according to some Welbeck who cr*ps in his pants at the sight of goal, plays like a winger when he is in the middle and plays like a Striker when he is on the wing who does nothing but copy Grioud's movements is a better option than Theo. There is one thing criticizing a player but there is another going bonkers. How many years has Welbeck been around? Theo is our best attacker on the flanks barring Sanchez. When you hardly get a look in wtf do you expect to happen? Give him a run of games and then you will see what he is capable of.

Contrast the performances for England of Welbeck and Theo the last couple of matches. It just sums up the difference between the two.

Theo has one asset, which is running in behind. If he doesn't have that, he is literally useless. He cannot take players on, he cannot pass that well, he isn't good in the air or holding up the ball. Welbeck for all his defiencies in front of goal is a much better player than Theo in most facets aside from finishing and making runs.

Thats not to say making runs and finishing isn't important, because it is. Which is why they can both be useful players for us in different situations. But the point I am making is, with the strong group of wingers/strikers we have and the fact that all signs point towards us looking to sign another striker/winger in the summer, then Theo is not worth the wages he wants us to give him. We can easily survive without him.

Two words Common sense.

Welbeck has been playing week in week out while Theo has been frozen out. What do you expect Theo to do? Is he super human that despite not having any meaningful game time he is going to put in world beater type performances is it?

Contrast the performances Theo has put in for us and Welbeck has for United. Welbeck can never be as good as Theo when it comes to movement/pace/finishing. Can he ever surpass Theo's highest goals in a season-21[2012-13]. I doubt it. Running around circles and ending up in blind alleys is Welbeck's specialty. We need people who can make intelligent of the ball runs and put the ball in to the back of the net and not some who just go to the eighteen yard box and tie themselves up in knots.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:31 am

Would people be saying Welbeck > Walcott if he were still at United?

I don't remember anyone rating Welbeck outside of Manc fans and even then opinion was divided, now all of a sudden he is better than Walcott who is capable of hitting double digits in goals and assists in a single season. Laughable.

Walcott on form is easily our best winger after Sanchez.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:34 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Would people be saying Welbeck > Walcott if he were still at United?

I don't remember anyone rating Welbeck outside of Manc fans and even then opinion was divided, now all of a sudden he is better than Walcott who is capable of hitting double digits in goals and assists in a single season. Laughable.

Walcott on form is easily our best winger after Sanchez.

Spot on.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:13 am

Welbeck is nowhere near being as good as Theo and I don't even rate Theo as much as others here do.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pudpop » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:55 am

Problem is whether or not Theo will hit form again. Are we guaranteed that he will reach the same heights before his injury? More importantly, is it worth risking another large contract on it'?

Safest option is to sell him and buy another winger to compete with Welbeck, hopefully someone of Reus' level
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jmiles10 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:02 am

We lost poldolski, Campbell isn't good enough, ox and gnabry our injury prone, welbeck is best as a ss or cf.

So we need a attacker already losing Theo means we need 2, we want to have less work in summer market as possible
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:25 pm

jmiles10 wrote:We lost poldolski, Campbell isn't good enough, ox and gnabry our injury prone, welbeck is best as a ss or cf.

So we need a attacker already losing Theo means we need 2, we want to have less work in summer market as possible

This has always been our excuse for keeping average players. We are filthy rich and can buy better players
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby sohi420 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Walcott is a bits and pieces player, offers just a few runs in the entire match and fluffs his chances most of the time. Other than that, he does not offer anything. He is terrible defensively, does not have strength, no dribbling skills, no aerial ability, no work rate. Theo is a very mediocre player. Welbeck is miles better than him.
Last edited by sohi420 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#WengerOut
sohi420
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cripps » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:38 pm

sohi420 wrote:Welbeck is a bits and pieces player, offers just a few runs in the entire match and fluffs his chances most of the time. Other than that, he does not offer anything. He is terrible defensively, does not have strength, no dribbling skills, no aerial ability, no work rate. Theo is a very mediocre player. Welbeck is miles better than him.

Wow how bad do you think Theo must be if you think all that of Welbeck.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Lol, imagine criticizing Walcott's finishing in comparison to Welbeck's. f**k me sideways.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby starmandb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Mesüt wrote:Walcott can be kinda retarded on the ball but he has something about his game (his movement/runs in behind) that makes him very good, a thing that he can do to a good/great level. Ox atm has nothing of the sort, he is much more rounded than Walcott but nothing about his game stands out as a top drawer piece of play.

As for Gnabry, i'm glad you ignored that part because he's done the grand sum of f**k all so far and seems more injury prone than Theo himself.

Last season
Gnabry put us in front at Swansea
Won the penalty at crystal palace for arteta to score
Set up cazorla to put us in front v spurs in the fa cup which we went on to win
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club