Usmanov accuses Wenger of not learning from mistakes

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Usmanov accuses Wenger of not learning from mistakes

Postby decgooner » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:36 pm

gooney wrote:
Kyle? wrote:
gooney wrote:I have to say part of me admire Wengers strength.....He just doesnt give fvck lol. But I agree with him on one thing. Usmanov should not come out and say this....I believe a club should stick together in times like this....by that I mean the board should never come out against an active manager. Usmanov should do what he can behind the scenes and say what you want after he is gone. But he is just playing up to the fans with statements liek this

If it destabilises the board, then his comments are good, the only way to try and effect change is to speak up, and Usmanov is doing that. Considering that he has quite a bit of money tied up in the club, he has every right to voice his opinion.

It bring them together and reminds them of their common enemy....usmanov as he is a threat to all of them. Usmanov needs to play his hand smarter and for me as bad as we are doing right now....its way too early to talk now. We can qualify from the group and we are 2 points from 4th. we could be 4th by end of the week. Im just saying he shouldnt act like us fans and need to strike when wenger has actually failed as this season can somehow fail. I learned from last season when it looked we were gonna blow 4th, not only did we get it we won a trophy as well.

Usmanov remaining quiet is exactly what Wenger and the board need to weather the storm.
decgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooney » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:46 pm

But this is not a storm yet. We are 2 points of 4th and it will take a miracle for us not to reach next stage in the CL. You really think top 4 would be a disaster season for Arsenal? Outside of Chelsea and Man City....where is the great teams in this league?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:02 am

not really a miracle, we could easily go to gala and piss it up, we need a point and most of us are doubting we'll get that tomorrow.

I think we will go through but it's far from decided.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby decgooner » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:03 am

Top 4 would not be a disaster considering our bad start. But that's not good enough. Why do we always have to argue that it was a good season considering how bad we were doing at some stage of the season?

After the season we had last year this was our chance to push on, a chance for us to address the areas of concern that saw us fall short. Chelsea did that. Why didn't we? Despite spending almost 80m.

I'd say it's a storm. It's a storm that's been brewing for a couple of years now. But I guess Wenger's infamous "Top 4 is like a trophy" comment has done well to infiltrate the club's culture to a point where fans don't think we have a problem as long as we grab 4th and make it to the last 16 of the CL.

p.s. when has everyone else performing poorly ever been an excuse to have a shitty season?
decgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:06 am

Wenger's response:

“@BBCSport: Watch Arsene Wenger discuss why his Arsenal team “will have a very strong season" http://t.co/DKOdb7MAPg "
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:42 am

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Wenger's response:

“@BBCSport: Watch Arsene Wenger discuss why his Arsenal team “will have a very strong season" http://t.co/DKOdb7MAPg "

- Top-4 Trophy
- CL KO Stages Trophy
- Profits Trophy

Strong season for them lot.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:57 am

Angelito wrote:

- Top-4 Trophy
- CL KO Stages Trophy
- Profits Trophy

How could you forget our Groundsman Of The Year award?

We've got that shit on lock.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Dubs4Sam » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:04 am

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:

- Top-4 Trophy
- CL KO Stages Trophy
- Profits Trophy

How could you forget our Groundsman Of The Year award?

We've got that shit on lock.

In fairness they do a great job and deserve it; - they don’t stick to the same game plan for the pitch everyday they tactually adapt to the weather they face and get positive results. This philosophy though would not work elsewhere in the club.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk