CONFIRMED: Jenkinson moves to West Ham on loan

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: CONFIRMED: Jenkinson moves to West Ham on loan

Postby AFC10 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:14 am

Salt and Wenger wrote:bellerin is our future rb jenkinson will be sold he has no future

No evidence with that statement whatsoever mate. Ballerin looks very talented for sure but he needs to work on his defensive game massively. Jenko is improving and playing well at West Ham so it would be foolish to write him off right now.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dubs4Sam » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:09 am

Salt and Wenger wrote:
Dubs4Sam wrote:Better the devil you know!

Who has seen enough of Bellerin at the Top Level to judge wheter he is a better backup the Jenkinson - nobody that is who.

Silly statements people make.

Jenkinson is clearly the better backup soley on his performances at the Top Level which are more plentiful and that is the only comparsion you can make the rest is conjuncture and tarat card reading.

great logic there, i guess no young player should get their chance because there's always an older player who has played that level more than they have.

What are you talkin about S&V I never said that no young player shouldn't get a chance - Your statement about Belrin being the future and Jenkinson is finished was what my response was - bloody read before you reply - you are indicating that Belrin is better then Jenkinson where thier is no head to head stats to prove that; only potential performances that havent happened yet.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby JordanTheGunner » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:22 am

I've seen 2 real games from Bellerin, far too early to judge. The only conclusion I've drawn is that Hector is faster.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Much prefer Jenk and I don't really rate him after last season. Hoping he gets better at WHU though, Bellerin is weak and needs a couple of loans himself.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StockGooner » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:

Who has seen enough of Bellerin at the Top Level to judge wheter he is a better backup the Jenkinson - nobody that is who.

Jenkinson is clearly the better backup soley on his performances at the Top Level which are more plentiful and that is the only comparsion you can make the rest is conjuncture and tarat card reading.

great logic there, i guess no young player should get their chance because there's always an older player who has played that level more than they have.

If that's not showing logic then your statement is showing no logic either.

Bellerin has impressed in some games for us, but how many times was he beaten against Southampton in the CC? We can't show favouritism to one player just because he's a new flavour of the month.

There are times this season where I really wish we'd kept Jenks at the club this season, don't even want to imagine how many more yellow cards Chambers is going to be picking up this season....
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Dubs4Sam wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:

What are you talkin about S&V I never said that no young player shouldn't get a chance - Your statement about Belrin being the future and Jenkinson is finished was what my response was - bloody read before you reply - you are indicating that Belrin is better then Jenkinson where thier is no head to head stats to prove that; only potential performances that havent happened yet.

jenkinson more solid for now but he's not a footballer that will ever have the quality to succeed in this league. He just isnt smart enough or good enough on the ball or off it.

Bellerin for me has more footballing ability and defensively he isnt far off jenkinson he just needs to become physically stronger. That can be achieved by the end of this season.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:05 pm

StockGooner wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:

If that's not showing logic then your statement is showing no logic either.

Bellerin has impressed in some games for us, but how many times was he beaten against Southampton in the CC? We can't show favouritism to one player just because he's a new flavour of the month.

There are times this season where I really wish we'd kept Jenks at the club this season, don't even want to imagine how many more yellow cards Chambers is going to be picking up this season....

i dont recall bellerin being beaten often by that mane guy. Maybe once or twice but being beaten isnt something that is unique to bellerin, gibbs was beaten a few times yesterday so was chambers. Jenkinson also got beaten. When bellerin is beaten people put it down to experience but when any of our other defenders get beaten it's apparently good play by our opposition.

I dont buy it, look at the way chambers performed yesterday and tell me if bellerin put in that performance as a rb what people would be saying. He hasnt yet put in a performance as bad as chambers did yesterday.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jmiles10 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:38 pm

is decent when he has a run I think his good enough, lol west ham defence is a lot more solid than us
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:27 pm

If Debuchy keeps playing like he has in his last couple of games I'd be up for bringing Jenkinson back in as cover for Bellerin.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:29 pm

Didn't think Debuchy was that bad tonight tbh
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Callum » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:57 pm

having a right little jolly down Bayern's left hand side

one touch two touch what you want
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:08 am

Callum wrote:having a right little jolly down Bayern's left hand side

*Right

You useless ballbag x
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:03 am

Alexis17 wrote:

*Right

You useless ballbag x

No, Bayern's left is our right.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:16 am

Callum wrote:
Alexis17 wrote:

*Right

You useless ballbag x

No, Bayern's left is our right.

I know what you're referring to you donut and Jenko says the right hand side which is where they played.

God Callum! Get it right.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:17 am

Alexis17 wrote:I know what you're referring to you donut and Jenko says the right hand side which is where they played.

God Callum! Get it right.

Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk