Wenger Inn...

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Wenger Inn...

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:02 am

Zedie wrote:People forget that the reborn man u just got destroyed by these lot

Come again?

Chelsea won 1-0, managed two shots on target and had 30% of the ball... at home no less.

How does that equate to them destroying United?

Zedie wrote:To a man, everyone knew Sundays game was going to be tough, I've just never seen this level of butt hurt for a game where everyone knew what was coming.

We always know what's coming when it's Mourinho vs Wenger tbh. He is his kryptonite.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:08 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Zedie wrote:People forget that the reborn man u just got destroyed by these lot

Come again?

Chelsea won 1-0, managed two shots on target and had 30% of the ball... at home no less.

How does that equate to them destroying United?

Zedie wrote:To a man, everyone knew Sundays game was going to be tough, I've just never seen this level of butt hurt for a game where everyone knew what was coming.

We always know what's coming when it's Mourinho vs Wenger tbh. He is his kryptonite.

Sarcasm/exaggeration. Some people are going on like we got merked 0-0. I assume losing 1-0 would have been seen as worse.

Didn't really come off tbf.

Had to expose man.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:31 am

Zedie wrote:

Had to expose man. .

As did i
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:28 am

addict wrote:We have all it takes to win the league next year.

Not holding my breath.

The most important part will obviously be to avoid injuries to key players.

Not going to happen in a million years.

At full strength we are the best team in the league

No we are not. Chelsea is.

Unless we improve our spine over the summer, I can guarantee that we won't win the league next season. Or the next. After the next next season though, there's hope.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby giangdoan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:34 am

In arsenal we trust...
giangdoan
Liam Brady

Postby addict » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Brandon wrote:
addict wrote:We have all it takes to win the league next year.

Not holding my breath.

The most important part will obviously be to avoid injuries to key players.

Not going to happen in a million years.

At full strength we are the best team in the league

No we are not. Chelsea is.

Unless we improve our spine over the summer, I can guarantee that we won't win the league next season. Or the next. After the next next season though, there's hope.

That's your opinion, fair enough.
I think we have consistently improved in the last two years. We played at nearly full strength since January and if you check the table between January and now, we're clearly ahead. Last season we were at full strength in the first half and we finished that half leading the league. See the obvious? When we have all our key players healthy and available, we are the best team.
addict
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:48 pm

UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Had to expose man. .

As did i

Loool.

Your struggle continues. You mistake excuses for facts. The fact is the same thing I said back then applies now, injuries have held us back. Only the most sour of haters would deny otherwise.

While I'm here , I should dig out one of your many 'Arsenal will never win another trophy under wenger' meltdowns, but it's not really worth it.

Hope you enjoy yourself snuggling in to watch the 2nd cup final in 2 years brought to you by Arsene 'no trophies' Wenger.

f***ing lool.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Had to expose man. .

As did i

Loool.

Your struggle continues. You mistake excuses for facts. The fact is the same thing I said back then applies now, injuries have held us back. Only the most sour of haters would deny otherwise.

While I'm here , I should dig out one of your many 'Arsenal will never win another trophy under wenger' meltdowns, but it's not really worth it.

Hope you enjoy yourself snuggling in to watch the 2nd cup final in 2 years brought to you by Arsene 'no trophies' Wenger.

f***ing lool.

So you're saying that I'm inaccurate in stating that you have used injuries as an excuse for underachievement in every single season since you've been a member here? Is that factually incorrect?

Its not even just about Wenger. The issue is that we have fans who will tie themselves in knots to find excuses for things which are simply unacceptable.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:51 pm

UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Had to expose man. .

As did i

Loool.

f***ing lool.

So you're saying that I'm inaccurate in stating that you have used injuries as an excuse for underachievement in every single season since you've been a member here? Is that factually incorrect?

Its not even just about Wenger. The issue is that we have fans who will tie themselves in knots to find excuses for things which are simply unacceptable.

Are you saying having key amounts of players missing for large portions of the season does not have a detrimental effect on a team? Because that's exactly what you are implying when you disregard it as an 'excuse'.

It's ironic that you took the time to find and quote a post where I referred to chelseas poor form without one of their key players due to injury, and attempt to use it as evidence of me making excuses when that actually backs up my point ffs. Woosh.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if key players in a squad or a lot of players from a first team squad are lost through injury, a clubs best team cannot be played so their quality of football will fall off and so will their results.

Only someone like you could wilfully ignore this point and dismiss it as making excuses.

Your point died as soon as you posted it, please stop trying to revive it by continually implying large injury lists are an excuse.

You probably genuinely believe that chelsea would still have won the title this season if they missed costa, hazard, Terry, ivanovic etc for large parts of the season, just because they have mourinho as manager.

And before you wheel out 'words in mouth':

ITS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Had to expose man. .

As did i

Loool.

f***ing lool.

Are you saying having key amounts of players missing for large portions of the season does not have a detrimental effect on a team? Because that's exactly what you are implying when you disregard it as an 'excuse'.

It's ironic that you took the time to find and quote a post where I referred to chelseas poor form without one of their key players due to injury, and attempt to use it as evidence of me making excuses when that actually backs up my point ffs. Woosh.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if key players in a squad or a lot of players from a first team squad are lost through injury, a clubs best team cannot be played so their quality of football will fall off and so will their results.

Only someone like you could wilfully ignore this point and dismiss it as making excuses.

Your point died as soon as you posted it, please stop trying to revive it by continually implying large injury lists are an excuse.

You probably genuinely believe that chelsea would still have won the title this season if they missed costa, hazard, Terry, ivanovic etc for large parts of the season, just because they have mourinho as manager.

No, what i believe and what i know is true is that you DO use injuries as an EXCUSE. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

UFGN

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:03 pm

UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Had to expose man. .

As did i

Loool.

f***ing lool.

No, what i believe and what i know is true is that you DO use injuries as an EXCUSE. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

So to summarise, you won't actually address any of the actual points put forward to you (surprise!) :rolleyes: and are instead content with repeating the same vague bullshit as always.

Hopefully you'll see this as some sort of small victory for yourself and leave me alone to live in the real world.

I'll leave you to get the last word in so you can really lock in on that feeling.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:08 pm

Zedie wrote:
Mesüt wrote:if we had a full squad for all of it they would've tired just like chelsea. if we had giroud from day 1 and ozil you think they wouldn't be overplayed and knackered now?

anything can happen in a world of if's and buts, realistically I do think we would've done slightly better but having giroud and ozil wouldn't automatically mean more points.

The season is long and a bit more rotation could have been afforded.

Missing ramsey, wilshere, even theo pre contract issues, ox on top of giroud and ozil has hampered us massively.

It's probably not what quite a few on here want to hear right now, but it's hard to deny that having them would have probably closed the 10 point gap.

Head to Head matches v chelsea don't even factor if you can be consistent in the other games give or take 2 - 3 matches v other top 4 teams.

I'm genuinely surprised how the majority on here have taken the draw tbf.

The valiant, vicitmised chelsea narrative is being eaten up right now on here, in our fan base, in the studios, in the papers and it's laughable. People are openly cannonising terry because he defended well surrounded by 5 huge dudes and a team who set out to defend to the death? f***ing hell. What next, Coutinho in team of the year due to 3 bangers he scored in the apace of 3 game weeks? Oh....

People forget that the reborn man u just got destroyed by these lot, that we actually played a good defensive game, that we faced a super defensive team who also happen to be the best defensive team in the prem this year.

No one is talking about how we dealt with their countering or how lord hazard didn't do shit apart from a few posters.

Some have even made Freudian slips and referred to a loss.

To a man, everyone knew Sundays game was going to be tough, I've just never seen this level of butt hurt for a game where everyone knew what was coming.

We win v hull and we are 2nd. We have a near fully fit squad and a 2nd cup final date in 2 years yet people are acting like we just dropped out into 7th?

Mou's smug face, troll bait and terrys prancing about annoys me just as much as the next guy but ffs, if read 'If we had signed falcao/cesc/bony we would have won the quadruple' again, I might just give up and start following a league 2 team or some shit.

tldr
ignoring chelsea had injuries too
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:12 pm

Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Had to expose man. .

As did i

Loool.

f***ing lool.

So to summarise, you won't actually address any of the actual points put forward to you (surprise!) :rolleyes: and are instead content with repeating the same vague bullshit as always.

Hopefully you'll see this as some sort of small victory for yourself and leave me alone to live in the real world.

I'll leave you to get the last word in so you can really lock in on that feeling.

There's no need to address specifics. You'll say we've had xyz injuries, I'll point out that if we had better depth of squad that wouldn't be so much of a problem.

Bottom line is you have bleated on about injuries every season for the last five years. I'm not being vague about this, I'm being crystal clear.

UFGN

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Implying chelsea had anywhere near the injuries we had this or any other season plus our squad depth is comparable to theirs.

We could ignore the above if that's what your into as well?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Zedie wrote:Implying chelsea had anywhere near the injuries we had this or any other season plus our squad depth is comparable to theirs.

We could ignore the above if that's what your into as well?

Chelsea probably had just as many injuries as we had but some will obviously ignore it and use our injuries as an excuse why we didnt win the title. (as it happends every season)

We were not good enough. period.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk