The positive energy thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The positive energy thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:44 am

Angelito wrote:
The thing is we have to play the players who're in form currently. At Arsenal, form doesn't seem to matter and that's why we falter. Ramsey isn't in the best of form, so instead of forcing him in - just drop him and bring him from the bench. Wilshere has no space in this team as it stands. Don't try to shoehorn him in when he returns.

Just basics.

×2

Play the form players. It's simply common sense.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Callum » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:46 am

After a season where it's felt like Alexis is basically the only one in form, it's great to see the likes of Giroud, Cazorla, Coquelin and Rosicky really upping their games with a few others doing pretty well too.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:03 pm

Callum wrote:After a season where it's felt like Alexis is basically the only one in form, it's great to see the likes of Giroud, Cazorla, Coquelin and Rosicky really upping their games with a few others doing pretty well too.

What I don't like though is Giroud didn't score or hardly do anything in the game bar a nice assist and nothing gets said.

Welbeck doesn't score in a a game and apparently he should be shipped off to Guatemala.

Not making a big deal out of it just pointing out a level playing field would be nice when Welbeck gets back.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:58 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:After a season where it's felt like Alexis is basically the only one in form, it's great to see the likes of Giroud, Cazorla, Coquelin and Rosicky really upping their games with a few others doing pretty well too.

What I don't like though is Giroud didn't score or hardly do anything in the game bar a nice assist and nothing gets said.

Welbeck doesn't score in a a game and apparently he should be shipped off to Guatemala.

Not making a big deal out of it just pointing out a level playing field would be nice when Welbeck gets back.

I agree that Welbeck gets far too much stick. Giroud has been playing very well since his return though.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Mexal » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:49 pm

Callum wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I agree that Welbeck gets far too much stick. Giroud has been playing very well since his return though.

Yea, Welbeck does. We forget that during that time, Sanchez had a very strong run of games which was partly due to Welbeck. He's never as bad as Giroud can be.
Mexal
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ESFSAFC » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:52 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Maybe it's because since Giroud got back he has been scoring regularly enough and one game here or there where he doesn't score isn't enough to make a post about maybe we want Giroud to do well as that means Arsenal doing well.

With Welbeck if he doesn't score its another game in a long run of games where he hasn't scored.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby abc123 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:47 pm

After the City game, every upcoming fixture looks winnable to me ... :arse flag.gif:

if we continue to play like this ofc...

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/13/Fixtures/England-Arsenal
abc123
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Tarquinius » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:51 pm

Angelito wrote:
The thing is we have to play the players who're in form currently. At Arsenal, form doesn't seem to matter and that's why we falter. Ramsey isn't in the best of form, so instead of forcing him in - just drop him and bring him from the bench. Wilshere has no space in this team as it stands. Don't try to shoehorn him in when he returns.

Couldn't have put it better.
Tarquinius
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:05 pm

After Sanchez, it's the magic of Cazorla that's doing the talking. Then we have Rosicky and Coquelin doing really well. Not to ignore how Ospina's introduction has stabilized our defense. Coincidence or organizing, we'll find out soon. Giroud has been really good too but as DG said, his overall game still doesn't reek of the top quality striker we should be boasting of, in principle.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mexal » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Angelito wrote:After Sanchez, it's the magic of Cazorla that's doing the talking. Then we have Rosicky and Coquelin doing really well. Not to ignore how Ospina's introduction has stabilized our defense. Coincidence or organizing, we'll find out soon. Giroud has been really good too but as DG said, his overall game still doesn't reek of the top quality striker we should be boasting of, in principle.

It's more Coquelin than Ospina in my eyes. The issue always comes from too much space between the CBs and midfielders. With Coquelin there, that space has disappeared leading to less easy chances.
Mexal
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Since we lost to Utd - 11 wins 2 losses 1 draw.

#Ballin
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:44 pm

Mexal wrote:
Angelito wrote:After Sanchez, it's the magic of Cazorla that's doing the talking. Then we have Rosicky and Coquelin doing really well. Not to ignore how Ospina's introduction has stabilized our defense. Coincidence or organizing, we'll find out soon. Giroud has been really good too but as DG said, his overall game still doesn't reek of the top quality striker we should be boasting of, in principle.

It's more Coquelin than Ospina in my eyes. The issue always comes from too much space between the CBs and midfielders. With Coquelin there, that space has disappeared leading to less easy chances.

This. He just makes up the space so easily.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Mexal » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:46 pm

Zedie wrote:
Mexal wrote:

This. He just makes up the space so easily.

That and excellent positioning. He's always lined up at an angle towards the ball, between the CBs and about 10 yards in front. Flamini lines up next to the CBs to form a 5 man back line. That's difference is so visible. It's why Silva for example couldn't find space and how Brighton scored their 2nd goal.
Mexal
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Also, flamini recovery is so poor. Not as bad as arteta, but poor enough that if he makes one slight error, there's no coming back from it.

I was hyped when he came but down the line it's time for him to move on. Arteta is finished as a baller in any case too.

Coq must start v anyone. If he can do what he has been doing and the team work together, we will cause anyone problems.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Mexal » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Zedie wrote:Also, flamini recovery is so poor. Not as bad as arteta, but poor enough that if he makes one slight error, there's no coming back from it.

I was hyped when he came but down the line it's time for him to move on. Arteta is finished as a baller in any case too.

Coq must start v anyone. If he can do what he has been doing and the team work together, we will cause anyone problems.

I agree. It just highlights how important a solid DM is to the team. I'm less worried about the CBs than the DM position since it changes everything. Another DM is an absolute necessity for the summer. There is no bigger priority in my mind.
Mexal
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk