The Abou Diaby appreciation thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Abou Diaby appreciation thread

Postby Dejan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:41 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:By the way, I think I have found the perfect replacement for Diaby, Newcastle player Siem De Jong, spent the entire season out injured, first with one injury, then a bizarre collapsed lung. Also, came on today, and scored with his first touch. Possible like for like replacement?

no thanks. He's average
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon May 11, 2015 3:26 am

Turns 29 today lol
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon May 11, 2015 7:44 am

Dejan wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:By the way, I think I have found the perfect replacement for Diaby, Newcastle player Siem De Jong, spent the entire season out injured, first with one injury, then a bizarre collapsed lung. Also, came on today, and scored with his first touch. Possible like for like replacement?

no thanks. He's average

Man, he's perfect, played 20 minutes, got a goal, injured again :D
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:12 am

Apparently he has been told he will be released at the end of the season. Expected that he will be given a guard of honor before the game Sunday.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri May 22, 2015 4:13 am

alexafc12 wrote:Apparently he has been told he will be released at the end of the season. Expected that he will be given a guard of honor before the game Sunday.

Sad but it's been a long time coming.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri May 22, 2015 8:04 am

alexafc12 wrote:Apparently he has been told he will be released at the end of the season. Expected that he will be given a guard of honor before the game Sunday.

Hope the grass doesn't injure his feet
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Fri May 22, 2015 9:06 am

Genuinely feel sad for him.

Say what you want about him earning money for sitting on his arse - he still worked so so hard to come back and to constantly break down and not give up takes some dedication. He's a man who cannot do the thing he is most passionate about. I can only imagine how sad I would feel not being able to do what I'm passionate about despite all my efforts.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Sat May 23, 2015 4:44 am

Git wrote:Genuinely feel sad for him.

Say what you want about him earning money for sitting on his arse - he still worked so so hard to come back and to constantly break down and not give up takes some dedication. He's a man who cannot do the thing he is most passionate about. I can only imagine how sad I would feel not being able to do what I'm passionate about despite all my efforts.

I have to disagree Git ....................................For many and even I would say most of us we don't ever get the chance to do what we are most passionate about.....................................................I think it is an amazing shame that we have a manager that is unable to make the easy dicision to let a player go who is probably making other squad members play more games then they should on rotation..........................................or is it that Diaby does not worry about the possibility of his team mates shortening their carreers on his behalf?
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fas91 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:43 am

Never really usefull IRL but actually played really well for me in fifa (great combination of strength/ball control) :) so I am counting that as a part of his service to us.
Fas91
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat May 23, 2015 8:08 am

VCC wrote:

I have to disagree Git ....................................For many and even I would say most of us we don't ever get the chance to do what we are most passionate about.....................................................I think it is an amazing shame that we have a manager that is unable to make the easy dicision to let a player go who is probably making other squad members play more games then they should on rotation..........................................or is it that Diaby does not worry about the possibility of his team mates shortening their carreers on his behalf?

I think Wenger felt guilty for bringing Diaby to the PL. One of the few things I can't blame Wenger for, just shows he's a human inside and felt bad.

Our injuries aren't Diaby's fault
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat May 23, 2015 8:09 am

This. To me, Diaby is a real hero in life, no matter how many jokes and digs he gets on here, from the press and from other fans.

He is a shinning example of what it truly means to never give up or let your head down, even when it's probably easier to lay down in a hole and let yourself be swollowed up.

One of my favourite players/people ever tbf, as much admiration for him as Ramsey.

People like him, Ian wright, Tony adams, Aaron ramsey etc are proper examples of what it truly means to man up and fight through the absolute bullshit life gives you.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby sweggeh » Sat May 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Zedie wrote:

This. To me, Diaby is a real hero in life, no matter how many jokes and digs he gets on here, from the press and from other fans.

He is a shinning example of what it truly means to never give up or let your head down, even when it's probably easier to lay down in a hole and let yourself be swollowed up.

One of my favourite players/people ever tbf, as much admiration for him as Ramsey.

People like him, Ian wright, Tony adams, Aaron ramsey etc are proper examples of what it truly means to man up and fight through the absolute bullshit life gives you.

Yep. Diaby is one of the players I respect the most. Feel really sad how his extremely promising career has turned out.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Sun May 24, 2015 2:09 am

Not much sympathy here.

Maybe three years ago, but it went on for far too long. There's loyalty, then there's just plain nepotism and stupidity. Absolute waste of money and waste of a squad place. This is not a charity.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Angelito » Sun May 24, 2015 6:13 am

Zedie wrote:

I can understand the sentiment here, but if you earned 60k a week - wouldn't you feel it's a compulsion to work hard and try to get back to regular fitness levels.

Diaby has earned fortunes playing as little as he has over the past 6-7 years. I respect him, but we've made sure that he's set for life.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Sun May 24, 2015 9:24 am

I wonder how many people on this site get paid 60K a week for free medical care ....................................
that about sums Diaby up
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk