Henry's loan deal will not be extended

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Henry's loan deal will not be extended

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Couldn't find the other thread so feel free to merge it there please mods...

AW said today in his presser that Thierry will be going back the day after the Milan game (So next Thursday) his last appearance for us will be against Milan in the CL...

No Spud return for The King :(
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Henry's loan deal will not be extended

Postby Trina » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:40 pm

I didn't think it would be, but still its a shame.

Arsène Wenger says that while he would love to extend Thierry Henry’s loan spell, the striker must return to New York Red Bulls on February 16.

Arsenal’s all-time record goalscorer has enjoyed a successful return to the Club, scoring twice in five appearances including the memorable winner against Leeds in the FA Cup third round.

But with the Red Bulls due to play their first game of the new Major League Soccer season on March 11, Henry must head back to the United States for pre-season training.

“There is clarification, it will be February 16 [when he returns]. The day after the game in Milan,” Wenger said.

“I would have loved him to stay for two more weeks but he has to go back. He is captain of the Red Bulls, so just to appear on the first day of the season would be unfair to them.

“We accepted at the start that we would release him on February 16 so we respect our word. He thinks as well that it would be too late [to remain for two more weeks].”

Wenger has been delighted with the “fantastic” impact Henry has made since his return to the Club, both on and off the pitch.

“He was happy to be here and all the players were happy to have him around,” he said.

“In training he looks better every week. He is now back to a fitness level comparable to all the other players. His movement in training makes me think it is a shame he does not play for the national team anymore.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... tay-longer
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby elkanofan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:12 pm

So on his last match at the emirates was a 7-1 win in which he scored at the end.

:)
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:47 pm

would be hard to keep him for AW it would only undermine the shit replacements he has got for RVP,great having you Henry true legend dont think we will ever have you again but a real roy of the rovers story anyway.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby dubgooner » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:51 pm

A couple of goals before he goes back would be nice!
Away to Milan, Henry will thrive in that atmosphere.
Without that little voice in your head, you wouldn't be able to read this!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:53 pm

He was brought on to appease the fans and nothing more. How shrewdly Wenger diverted the attention away from a real back-up for RVP. I am a huge Henry fan but how many games did he play rather minutes. was he utilized to give rest to RVP ? No. As a club we always tend to paper over the cracks and the real issues are never addressed.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:He was brought on to appease the fans and nothing more. How shrewdly Wenger diverted the attention away from a real back-up for RVP. I am a huge Henry fan but how many games did he play rather minutes. was he utilized to give rest to RVP ? No. As a club we always tend to paper over the cracks and the real issues are never addressed.

That is kind of how I felt about it too.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dubgooner » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:He was brought on to appease the fans and nothing more. How shrewdly Wenger diverted the attention away from a real back-up for RVP. I am a huge Henry fan but how many games did he play rather minutes. was he utilized to give rest to RVP ? No. As a club we always tend to paper over the cracks and the real issues are never addressed.

I agree with all that. BUT the goal he scored on his comeback against Leeds gave me a fantastic buzz. Best buzz I had for a while as an Arsenal fan. Would have loved to see a real offer go in for Benzema in January.
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Leody » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:01 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

I said it in the Henry thread when it was announced.

He would be used as Chamakh would if he were with us, and he would have a little more to contribute. Looks like I was about right. I doubt that Chamakh would have scored in either of those two games Henry did.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Leody wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

I said it in the Henry thread when it was announced.

He would be used as Chamakh would if he were with us, and he would have a little more to contribute. Looks like I was about right. I doubt that Chamakh would have scored in either of those two games Henry did.

+1 agree 100% with both posts
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:40 pm

I have a feeling he may make a 3rd debut for us pretty soon
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Swan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:43 pm

oh hell ya but it was still nice to see him in the arsenal kit and not the shite bulls
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby dubgooner » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Match winner today. Super King Henry does it again.
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gzagee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Great contribution today. Thanks for just being a great inspiration in the dressing room, in training and in the games. I'm sure your enthusiasm was greatly appreciated by your colleagues and the fans.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:04 pm

f**k extending his loan deal, buy him NOW!!!!!!!!!!
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk