JET to Ipswich

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

JET to Ipswich

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:06 pm

JET and Lansbury are both better than Diaby.

Bartley and Miquel are both better than Squillaci.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: JET to Ipswich

Postby Lee71*98*02 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:JET and Lansbury are both better than Diaby.

I wouldnt agree with JET being better than Diaby.. the others pretty much yeah..

im miffed why Bartley isnt a regular yet. Im a big fan of his!
Lee71*98*02
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:15 pm

hyperspeed101 wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:WTF is going on at our academy? we used to boast one of the best in the EPL all im seeing is fail, because if we cant produce a high enough standard to progress to the senior squad then something is going badly wrong.

But the same can be said about any of the top 6 teams. Atleast we have Jack and frimpong seems like he'll be able to make a mark at some stage this season. Have been fairly impressed with him in pre-season so far.

Frimpong does look good, as he did when he got a couple of games before being loaned out, im just miffed that we are letting players go who are not being given the chance at top level even if its only a game or two, these kids would play their hearts out & give it 110% which is more than can be said of some players.

I know there are 2 sides of the coin but i hate seeing us develop our kids for them either not to make it or get impatient & want 1st team football. surely its not ALL down to them not being talented enough.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:50 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:JET and Lansbury are both better than Diaby.

They are all not proven enough at the top level to ratify that statement. Though i would rather see Bartley above Squillaci. As for our crop of youth, the reason we are shipping out the players who haven't kicked off from promising starts is because the under 18's we have now are considered to be better than the group that is just graduating.

JET would have had a much better chance at arsenal if he actually had a decent work ethic and stuck with being a CB rather than switching to an attacking role. As for Lansbury he still has a chance and the best way is for him to prove himself in the cc and fa cup games that he will get.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:As for our crop of youth, the reason we are shipping out the players who haven't kicked off from promising starts is because the under 18's we have now are considered to be better than the group that is just graduating.

:think:

Not really sure I follow your logic there.

Bristol_Gunner wrote:JET would have had a much better chance at arsenal if he actually had a decent work ethic and stuck with being a CB rather than switching to an attacking role.

I don't think he was ever a CB.
All this talk of him playing CB just comes from one joke in an interview with Banfield or Bould (I can't remember which) when he said he tried to convince him to switch and become a CB because one day when he played there he was quite good.

I've never ever seen him play an actual match in that position.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:23 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Bristol_Gunner wrote:As for our crop of youth, the reason we are shipping out the players who haven't kicked off from promising starts is because the under 18's we have now are considered to be better than the group that is just graduating.

:think:

Not really sure I follow your logic there.

Bristol_Gunner wrote:JET would have had a much better chance at arsenal if he actually had a decent work ethic and stuck with being a CB rather than switching to an attacking role.

I don't think he was ever a CB.
All this talk of him playing CB just comes from one joke in an interview with Banfield or Bould (I can't remember which) when he said he tried to convince him to switch and become a CB because one day when he played there he was quite good.

I've never ever seen him play an actual match in that position.

First comment is poorly worded, but i am basically saying that i think Arsenal consider the current under 18's better than the previous and they are trying to ship off the players that wont make it so they don't stunt the progress on the youth players.

As for JET the main thing is i wished he had tried a bit harder then he would of had a great chance of making it. He has had his moments on loan but not enough of them.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goose » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:02 pm

The problem is the new 25 man squad thing, JET and some of the others who are being cleared out are now 20/21 and we just simply wont have enough space in the 25 man squad for them all as they will no longer count as U21s in the next season or two
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby gzagee » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:18 am

Goose wrote:The problem is the new 25 man squad thing, JET and some of the others who are being cleared out are now 20/21 and we just simply wont have enough space in the 25 man squad for them all as they will no longer count as U21s in the next season or two

Very interesting point Gooseman. I think that's part of the reason we've seen Eboue going while Jenkinson comes in and Clichy has gone whilst Gibbs takes his spot.
JET hasn't progressed so may as well be sold. Almunia, Denilson and Bendy frees up more space.
I hope there's a spot for Lansbury (i think he may still be exempt from the 25man rule?).

He could give Tonto the Wellington and free his slot for a new defender. But he'll persevere with him no doubt....
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:17 am

I also think Wenger has taken Aneke's development into account here. He is the same sort of physique and Wenger considers him a more talented player with a brighter future.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:22 am

Bristol_Gunner wrote:I also think Wenger has taken Aneke's development into account here. He is the same sort of physique and Wenger considers him a more talented player with a brighter future.

Couldn't disagree more. Aneke isn't fit to shine JET's boots.

He's decent, but I can't see a great deal of difference between him and Jay Simpson.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:05 am

I think it's a little early to compare Chuks with anyone. He's literally just turned 18 and it remains to be seen whether he'll go out on loan this coming season.
What I do know is that he's already beginning to believe the hype surrounding him and can come across a little arrogant at times. I think it's just the exuberance of youth and hopefully he'll knuckle down and won't go thew same way as JET.
Time will tell.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Est83 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:24 am

I've given up trying to predict who will make it and who wont. We all know that whether it's logistical reasons or simply down to talent, that the majority (90% even) just wont make it. But when you hear our first team manager single out particular players (JET and Lansbury for example) you start expecting them to make it.

Maybe Wegner getting hard on ATVO whilst discussing JET was just a selling tactic!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Well one of the hardest time for a footballer, in my opinion is 18-21 when you start getting wages that are too high for people at that age. They need a level of self control which requires a huge amount of maturity. Especially as it will be the first time they have access to such sums of money and as a reuslt can blow it on big houses, expensive cars and in some cases booze.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill