JET to Ipswich

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: JET offered to clubs

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Pretty much!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:44 pm

That would be a shame. Maybe the reason he tears up the reserves but doesn't do well on loan is because he's such a rare type of player. Whereas he's used to the Arsenal way of play and teammates know how to utilise him properly. I just want to see him (and other English kids) given the chance all the bloody imported ones get. Maybe he would make it, maybe not, but you don't know til you throw the player out there. But nah we'll just continue with our current crop of failures, give them endless chances
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:26 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:That would be a shame. Maybe the reason he tears up the reserves but doesn't do well on loan is because he's such a rare type of player. Whereas he's used to the Arsenal way of play and teammates know how to utilise him properly. I just want to see him (and other English kids) given the chance all the bloody imported ones get. Maybe he would make it, maybe not, but you don't know til you throw the player out there. But nah we'll just continue with our current crop of failures, give them endless chances

Thats whats annoying me now, Lansbury has been here since he was 9, he deserves a season at least.

AW said he would love a team of English players if he could yet there the ones who dont get the chances.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

JET offered to clubs

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:27 pm

JET should have stuck to the CB or CM roles he started in rather than trying to be a forward!

I'd be gutted if he left because I really thought he could make it!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Goose » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:52 pm

GunnGunn wrote:I don't see how its bizarre that AW would sell a player who by and large has massively flopped outside of the reserves.

Exactly, he had his chances and blew it

He is back playing with the reserves and hasnt taken any part in the 1st teams pre season, not even training, says it all really
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 pm

GunnGunn wrote:I don't see how its bizarre that AW would sell a player who by and large has massively flopped outside of the reserves.

It's bizarre for the reasons I've stated.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Goose wrote:

He is back playing with the reserves and hasnt taken any part in the 1st teams pre season, not even training, says it all really

He hadnt had a full season on loan anywhere though, joining half way through is always difficult, hes done whats needed when hes been at the clubs, just needs to be bit more consistant.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Goose wrote:

Loads of reserve players aren't training with the first team, that doesn't mean anything.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 pm

At 20 i would have at least expected him to make an impression on loan, Lansbury did last season.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:32 pm

GunnGunn wrote:At 20 i would have at least expected him to make an impression on loan, Lansbury did last season.

And what do you class as an impression? Lansbury has where ever hes been yet cant get near the first team so we may lose him for a fee that a panel decides.

JET has impressed but never been given a full season like Lansbury had at Watford.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Well, Lansbury was instrumental in Norwich gaining promotion to the Premier League, impression, no?

JET has never impressed me outside of the reserves, and i watched a lot of Cardiff games last season.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Wouldnt use the word instrumental, play a part yes but Holt was instrumental, Lansbury was on the bench from april onwards majority of the time.

People said Ramsey was sh!te at Cardiff and Forest, sell him too?
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Instrumental a bit strong? He was nominated for the young PFA player of the year award, bench or no bench.

And you are comparing JET to Ramsey? REALLY? Put up a better argument than that mate. Ramsey has proven for the 1st team he is good enough, coming back after a year out and being poor is a bit different.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Perhaps JET hasn't proved he's good enough in training, but surely a loan deal would give him that game exp to become a first team squad member even if he still plays in the reserves. Don't like this one, isn't too far off of how Bendy is claimed to "have just not been good enough and allowed to leave" whilst the whole time being played out of position and being benched immediately.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Forest » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Bale won an award too.

How did Ramsey prove himself good enough for the first team? oh yeah by playing games for the first team which JET hasnt.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill