JET to Ipswich

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: JET offered to clubs

Postby mg86 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Forest wrote:Bale won an award too.

How did Ramsey prove himself good enough for the first team? oh yeah by playing games for the first team which JET hasnt.

Spot on, but that Portsmouth goal definitley helped his case.

Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Forest wrote:Bale won an award too.

How did Ramsey prove himself good enough for the first team? oh yeah by playing games for the first team which JET hasnt.

Maybe because he isn't...Good enough, perhaps?

He has had more than enough time on loan to impress, but he hasn't for the most part, he has attitude problems and its been said he isn't fit enough on Arsenal.com, which has hindered his progress.

I'd love to see him make it, but he won't, i haven't just based this argument on this story, if you look back i have held the same opinion about JET for a long while now, and i have seen enough of him to base this opinion.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm

On the subject of Ramsey, why does he get the chances? Because we bought him. We paid money for him so Wenger wants to see a return on his investment. We didn't buy JET or Lansbury so they get treated as inferior. Even Wilshere had to go on loan to prove himself and was nearly loaned out again! Not having a go at Ramsey btw, I love him but it's true of all the young players we buy. If Theo had come through our academy you reckon he'd still be here? f**k no
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Think the sad thing is this generation wont make it because of game time and that alone is enough without attitude and skill, Lansbury and Bartley included.

None of the English ones will be given the chance and think thats whats pissing me off, JET, Watt, Afobe should be given a chance rather than buying Joel 'Dad Wants More Money' Campbell, Denilson had plenty of chances too.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Forest » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:17 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:On the subject of Ramsey, why does he get the chances? Because we bought him. We paid money for him so Wenger wants to see a return on his investment. We didn't buy JET or Lansbury so they get treated as inferior. Even Wilshere had to go on loan to prove himself and was nearly loaned out again! Not having a go at Ramsey btw, I love him but it's true of all the young players we buy. If Theo had come through our academy you reckon he'd still be here? f**k no

All true, people who have been here since 9yrs old get dumped one side for the £2m man from somewhere else.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Goose » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:10 pm

Frimpong has made the step up without going out on loan, he was promoted last season after his preseason performances, but his injury curtailed his debut

But he is back training with the 1st team and playing in the 1st team preseason games again, Lansbury hasnt featured as he had extended holiday due to playing in the Euros, then a slight injury on his return, but I am sure he will also get his chance in preseason

Wenger has already said in an interview on arsenal.com in the past that JET needed to work on his attitude, fitness and some other areas, he obviously hasnt and has been sent back to the reserves.

And he recently had a SECOND car impounded for driving without a licence
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Agree with Goose.

I have long been an advocate of playing our own youngsters before buying anyone else, nobody bar Cyn is as much of a fan of Lansbury as i am, but on the subject of JET, i have never seen the hype, and i have never thought he would make it.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

JET offered to clubs

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:02 am

There was one reserve game when setanta launched arsenaltv against west ham when jack burst on to the scene scoring a bergkampesque curler.

In that game JET partnered Diaby in CM. JET played the deeper role and Diaby played the more advanced role. JET looked more acomplished than Diaby and completely ran the show. He reminded me of Vieira the way he got stuck in but also the way he was so good with the ball.

I have followed him ever since and really hoped to see him given more opportunities.

Bouldy joked in an interview that they were trying to persuade JET to play CB but that JET was having none of it. Although he was clearly joking I have always wondered if his choice of position was part of the problem.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:44 am

GunnGunn wrote:Agree with Goose.

I have long been an advocate of playing our own youngsters before buying anyone else, nobody bar Cyn is as much of a fan of Lansbury as i am, but on the subject of JET, i have never seen the hype, and i have never thought he would make it.

Naughtie naughtie :naughty:

Taken from "Arsenal in a few years" thread
GunnGunn wrote::rofll: At 28 Nasri is going to be one of the best players in the World at his absolute peak...

Lansbury will still be at Watford...

Yeah, you've been shouting his name from the rooftops for years now.... And isn't Cyn from Watford himself? Never once heard him say owt about Lansbury's loan spell there.
What's my point? There are others here who've been speaking more highly of him than you guys.

On another point I've been disappointed JET hasn't so far shown what he's capable of.
A friend of mine who's seen JET play several times from youth age to the odd Championship game said he's one of those kids who's so talented he doesn't concentrate or push himself as much as those with less talent.
I think he was bang on the money.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Forest » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:18 am

lol busted.

On to the next generation, hopefully see a couple at EC.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:22 am

gzagee wrote:Yeah, you've been shouting his name from the rooftops for years now.... And isn't Cyn from Watford himself? Never once heard him say owt about Lansbury's loan spell there.

Pretty sure I did actually. Couldn't tell you what thread or where but I said something along the lines of saw him quite a few times over the season, he was very average at first but got better when him and Cleverley swapped positions. I do think he was overrated quite a bit from purely that loan spell as it wasn't brilliant from a football perspective (remember arguing with GG bout that) but it's what I've seen since then that I've liked a lot. The Watford spell did wonders for his physicallity and blood n thunder attitude. Which is what I'd love to see from JET, to get back on topic
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:56 am

JET has unbelievable tekkers and has scored goals that Chamakh, Arshavin and Walcott will not score in their lifetime. So if he does have an attitude problem he better sort it out FAST otherwise it'll be a huge waste and he'll end up playing for West Brom or someone.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

JET offered to clubs

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:10 am

He needs a proper old school manager to sort him out!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:42 pm

gzagee wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Agree with Goose.

Naughtie naughtie :naughty:

Taken from "Arsenal in a few years" thread
GunnGunn wrote::rofll: At 28 Nasri is going to be one of the best players in the World at his absolute peak...

Lansbury will still be at Watford...

Yeah, you've been shouting his name from the rooftops for years now.... And isn't Cyn from Watford himself? Never once heard him say owt about Lansbury's loan spell there.
What's my point? There are others here who've been speaking more highly of him than you guys.

On another point I've been disappointed JET hasn't so far shown what he's capable of.
A friend of mine who's seen JET play several times from youth age to the odd Championship game said he's one of those kids who's so talented he doesn't concentrate or push himself as much as those with less talent.
I think he was bang on the money.

:grin: So your going to take an off the cuff remark from there? RIGHTTT.

First time i really thought Lans was a good player was when he came on as a sub for against Fulham season before last, he then further cemented my opinion of him when he put in a MOTM display against the Spuds. I made it my business to follow him at Norwich as well.

All i've heard, on here is the usual "He is one for the future" or "Don't know much about him". Apart from me and Cyn, who have spoken very highly of him on here, i can't think of many others.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:27 pm

I watched Lans right from the beginning, from the days when he was playing in the reserves with Jack. This was before he had glandula fever and he was always pretty solid if unspectacular.
At the time you couldn't really separate him from Randall. Both good passers and both have a decent shot on them.
When Lansbury eventually recovered from his glandula fever he improved and the Watford spell did him good.
Then there was the Spuds game followed by the Norwich loan.
Obviously he did better on loan than Randall because Randall was evenutally sold.

Lansbury is very competent and has loads of enthusiasm and energy on the pitch. The only problem I see with him at the moment is that he doesn't have one particular feature that he really excels in.
He's not a DM and he's not an AM in the way Cesc or Nasri are. He's not really a winger either so he appears to be a sort of all-purpose CM.
He CAN score goals but he's not a regular goalscorer.
Sometimes it's easier to place someone in the queue if you know which spot they're competing for.

Having said that it may make no difference to his career at all. It hasn't affected Ramsey so far and he's a similar type of player.
I hope we can hang on to him because he's passionate and he's English but there's a fairly long queue of players in front of him at the moment.
I also think he still has health issues because he often tweets at 1am that he can't sleep so he might be suffering from some kind of insomnia.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill