Adebayor

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Adebayor

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:49 am

IF Ade does go then i really dont think we need a replacement as long as we get a good strong DM, there may be the height thing but id gladly see Shava as a support striker to one of either RVP or Eduardo.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:51 am

Irish_Gooner wrote:What would be everyones opinion on Ade if he does turn down city and saya again he loves arsenal? Fair play to him if he does

My estimations of him would go up seeing as its a difference of £30k a week, then we will know its not about the money. BUT if he does stay he has to work on this confidene thing as much as he makes out he is confident he needs to start showing it on the pitch his chance to goal ratio was appauling at times last season.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Popey » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:53 am

Irish_Gooner wrote:What would be everyones opinion on Ade if he does turn down city and saya again he loves arsenal? Fair play to him if he does

good question :clap:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:15 pm

jayantmoudgil wrote:I like what a blogger wrote about it

It did make me laugh a bit to think that a salary of £170,000 a week might be on offer should a move come to pass. If it were true, it sums the crazy state of football up perfectly.

To ‘reward’ Adebayor for scoring 30 goals, Arsenal doubled his salary last summer.

And now, to ‘reward’ him for being 50% as prolific, City intend to double it again.

Half as good – twice as well rewarded.

Now really, what kind of industry does that?

http://eastlower.co.uk/?p=880

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Should be in funny stuff! :dizzy: because that is complete madness but so so so TRUE!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby undapresha » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 pm

That is rather funny. I suppose Man City need to do this kind of thing in order to attract big names to their club, as they aren't in the CL this year and don't have a great reputation at this point. Still, it is a ridiculous amount to pay someone who had a disappointing season.
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Popey » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:07 pm

daily mail is claiming that the deal is done....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... riker.html

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby kec0712 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:12 pm

£25m Adebayor Undergoes Medical
Posted on July 14, 2009 by northbanklegend
Adebayor has undergone a medical at Manchester City, Arsenal have agreed a £25million transfer fee and the striker is expected to sign a contract giving him £170,000 a week.

The great news for Arsenal is that we have achieved a transfer fee for Adebayor of £25million, far in excess of what we could have hoped especially after his indifferent season. Once again Arsene Wenger has bought somebody from the French league and turned a huge profit. The money men at Arsenal must be doing cartwheels over the sale of Adebayor, not only has Wenger made a massive profit with which he will strengthen the squad, Adebayor was on £4 million wages a year.

Now Wenger will turn his attention offloading Phillipe Senderos for a fee in the region of £7million to Sunderland. This will give him in excess of £30 million to play with in this inflated transfer market.

There will be no tears shed around North London with the departure of our Togolese hit man. His attitude last season was a total disgrace. He may have put in what he considers “100%” performances, but the fans did not see it that way. In the big games he did not perform, he was missing against Manchester United and Chelsea in the two semi-finals. He scored an amazing goal against Villarreal, but he cannot live off the back of one goal. We saw in Bendtner the right attitude and work ethic that fans appreciate. The goals will follow for the Dane and that was one of the deciding factors is convincing Wenger to let Adebayor leave.

Looks like it's a done deal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kec0712
Liam Brady

Postby Briggsy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:41 pm

I've heard that he will be signed on Wednesday! But get this he is holding out for a loyality bonus from Arsenal! Piss taking w***er
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby InTheNorthBank » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:50 pm

TheOne2Smooth wrote:I've heard that he will be signed on Wednesday! But get this he is holding out for a loyality bonus from Arsenal! Piss taking w***er

Tell me you're kidding?! What a bellend. The boos he's gonna get when City play us at home this season are gonna be deafening.
"I am going to make this the greatest club in the world." - Herbert Chapman
InTheNorthBank
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Briggsy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:57 pm

I wish I was but its going around on facebook i've also spoken to a friend who has inside knowledge and its apparently true! Its something we gave Henry for hanging around another year, so Ade and his ego think they deserve it
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Popey » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:59 pm

if its true the guy is dead for every fan....

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Spandau Billy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:59 pm

A good deal for us at £25m

Now to use the money to get a world class goalscorer to partner RVP.
Spandau Billy
Michael Thomas

Postby 7 Robert Pires » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Spandau Billy wrote:A good deal for us at £25m

Now to use the money to get a world class goalscorer to partner RVP.

This is Wenger we are talking about, try a 14 year old French kid who'll be World class in 15 years and you're closer to the mark...
7 Robert Pires
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby drama » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:02 pm

i thought he was abt to b anveilled, its on sky sports rite now...

Goonersworld Fantasy Premier League Champion 07/08

Goonersworld CL Fantasy League Champion 07/08, 08/09
drama
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby AC/DC Gooner » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Moneytalks
AC/DC Gooner
Patrick Vieira

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill