The Chinese Super League Thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

The Chinese Super League Thread

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:15 am

Notable players who recently transfered to the CSL:

Beijing Guoan F.C.
    - Burak Yılmaz → £6.2m

Hebei China Fortune
    - Gaël Kakuta → £4.6m
    - Stéphane Mbia → Undisclosed
    - Gervinho → £13.9m

Guangzhou Evergrande
    - Jackson Martínez → £24.8m
    - Paulinho £17m

Jiangsu Suning
    - Ramires → £25m
    - Alex Teixeira → £38.4m
    - Jô → Undisclosed

Shanghai Shenhua
    - Demba Ba → £11m
    - Fredy Guarín → £10m
    - Ezequiel Lavezzi → £8m

Shangai SIPG
    - Asamoah Gyan → £15.4

Tianjin Teda
    Fredy Montero → £3.8m

TBUF
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Re: The Chinese Super League thread

Postby Sims » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:46 pm

Should post their wages too

Jackson is on £250k p/w I think
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:50 pm

Sims wrote:Should post their wages too

Jesus wept.

Pubbers earning more than bonafide top players.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Cripps » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Big fan of Beijing.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby dolan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Nothing will change in that league until they decide to get rid of the rule of max 3 foreign players in the team. Imagine being a top player in Europe and moving to China to play with 9 pubbers lol.
dolan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Rastayouth » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:24 pm

Cripps wrote:Big fan of Beijing.

Same here. Been to a couple games out there. Fans are a good, loud bunch as well.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Are we really doing this?

I mean, this thread?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby elkanofan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:37 pm

dolan wrote:Nothing will change in that league until they decide to get rid of the rule of max 3 foreign players in the team. Imagine being a top player in Europe and moving to China to play with 9 pubbers lol.

When they do watch how players flood over there from Europe.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:12 pm

UFGN wrote:Are we really doing this?

I mean, this thread?

Created it so we can debate about what's happening to football, its players prioritising money over honor more frequently than ever before and the potential future consueqences it will have on the game.

Don't think anyone on here would even waste a minute watching Chinese Super League football (and rightly so).

Sims wrote:Should post their wages too

Some more ridiculous wages in there. Will update later.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jedi » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:18 pm

Zenith wrote:
UFGN wrote:Are we really doing this?

I mean, this thread?

Created it so we can debate about what's happening to football and its players prioritising money over honor more frequently than ever before.

Don't think anyone on here would even waste a minute watching Chinese Super League football (and rightly so).

Yeah i agree, everyone is busy watching the J1 league tbh
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CukiZeGerman » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Zenith wrote:its players prioritising money over honor more frequently than ever before and the potential future consueqences it will have on the game.

I call bullshit on that.
Most players always prioritise money over everything else when it comes to transfers.
Do Chelsea, Monaco, City and PSG ring any bells?

This is simply news because the clubs in question are Chinese clubs, not European ones. Were this the case, no one would give a shit. But I guess anything will make people go off the rails these days.

I think that it's due time for people to drop that idealistic, bullshit, oldfashioned view of how football works.
We may not be at the "franchise" point in football at which they are in US sports. But people need to realise that modern football clubs are corporations first and foremost. Yes, there are some that cling to as much history and tradition they can and also try to have a good connection with the fans - but money is the medium by which one measures worldly success.
That's why Real / Florentino don't give two shits about trophies as long as there are profits - I mean he does, or else the fans would boot him out of the club in an instant - but it's money over trophies, not the other way around - and as long as the balance sheets are in order he couldn't care less.
And that's why most players (just like ordinary people) will go from club A to Club B (or employers for ordinary people) if Club B offers a bigger paycheck than Club A - even if club B has less tradition and plays in a more shittier league than Club A.

Now, there are exceptions - as always - but those are exceptions, not the rule.
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rastayouth » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:57 pm

CukiZeGerman wrote:
Zenith wrote:its players prioritising money over honor more frequently than ever before and the potential future consueqences it will have on the game.

I call bullshit on that.
Most players always prioritise money over everything else when it comes to transfers.

This is simply news because the clubs in question are Chinese clubs, not European ones. Were this the case, no one would give a shit. But I guess anything will make people go off the rails these days.

I think that it's due time for people to drop that idealistic, bullshit, oldfashioned view of how football works.
We may not be at the "franchise" point in football at which they are in US sports. But people need to realise that modern football clubs are corporations first and foremost. Yes, there are some that cling to as much history and tradition they can and also try to have a good connection with the fans - but money is the medium by which one measures worldly success.
That's why Real / Florentino don't give two shits about trophies as long as there are profits - I mean he does, or else the fans would boot him out of the club in an instant - but it's money over trophies, not the other way around - and as long as the balance sheets are in order he couldn't care less.
And that's why most players (just like ordinary people) will go from club A to Club B (or employers for ordinary people) if Club B offers a bigger paycheck than Club A - even if club B has less tradition and plays in a more shittier league than Club A.

On point!
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby 22-0 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:59 pm

chinese mercenary league
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:07 pm

CukiZeGerman wrote:

I call bullshit on that.

Big post, yet it doesn't refute anything i've said, in fact in contributes to what i've said with lesser words.

If your conclusion is that I have a naive stance on players mindsets, you couldn't be more wrong and made a incorrect deduction of what i've said.

And whilst I don't disagree what you're saying, you're arguing against something that hasn't been said, or suggested.

Reading comprehension is the ability to read text, process it and understand its meaning. An individual's ability to comprehend text is influenced by their traits and skills, one of which is the ability to make inferences. If word recognition is difficult, students use too much of their processing capacity to read individual words, which interferes with their ability to comprehend what is read. There are a number of approaches to improve reading comprehension, including improving one's vocabulary and reading strategies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CukiZeGerman » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:13 pm

Zenith wrote:Big post, yet it doesn't refute anything i've said, in fact in contributes to what i've said with lesser words.
If your conclusion is that I have a naive stance on players mindsets, you couldn't be more wrong and made a incorrect deduction of what i've said.

No.

I quote:

Zenith wrote:Created it so we can debate about what's happening to football, its players prioritising money over honor more frequently than ever before and the potential future consueqences it will have on the game.

I even bolded the main part for you to understand.

Yes - your point as a whole is the nearly same as mine - but your premise is wrong - because, as I said, this nothing new. It's been happening for over 15 years - it's simply now happening with clubs outside of Europe and that's why it's a big deal. I even listed the examples - City, Monaco, Chelsea, PSG, United, the already failed experiment at Anzhi et al.

Besides - just because I replied with a part of my post to your post does not mean that the whole post was directed at you.
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to World Football