A few questions from a rival!

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

A few questions from a rival!

Postby foxyfmu » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:31 pm

I run a Man Utd fansite and we're running a feature pre-season trying to get the thoughts of all the other clubs on last season and next. I was hoping someone could answer these questions?

1. How do you rate your last season?
2. Who was your star player?
3. What was your view on our own season?
4. Which player impressed you most from United?
5. How do you see this season going?
6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why?

I hope you don't mind me posting this :) I won't post the URL straight away in case you see it as just trying to get some cheap hits.
foxyfmu
Liam Brady

Re: A few questions from a rival!

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:38 pm

Even though I am consorting with the enemy........

1. How do you rate your last season? A lot better than was expected of us.
2. Who was your star player? Cesc
3. What was your view on our own season? I thought the 2 trophies flattered you to be honest
4. Which player impressed you most from United? Only one real answer there, that greasy pencil necked git Ronaldo.
5. How do you see this season going? We may struggle to reproduce the same challenge we gave you last season.
6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why? Eboue leaving, I could give a long list but lets just say he's a ****.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Do Not post any links to other sites/forums without 1st getting permission from Admin, any links posted without authorisation will be deleted & regarded as spam.

However im sure there would be a few of us willing to answer your questions.

1. How do you rate your last season?
Despite not getting any silverware, we did well, came very close, proving our doubters wrong after Henry's departure.
2. Who was your star player?
Cesc Fabreags|Gael Clichy
3. What was your view on our own season?
Utd had an excellent season unfortunatley, but also got lucky with us slipping at the final hurdle
4. Which player impressed you most from United?
Nani, a good season was expected by the nancy boy. ;)
5. How do you see this season going?
Will be as close as it was last season, great to see the gap closing & hopefully it will continue to do so making th e title run in more interesting & entertaining.
6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why?
OUT: Eboue if he dont cut out the antics. Van Persie if he dont stay injury free this season.
IN: Several, mainly Benzema or David Villa for obvious reasons but it wont happen.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:57 pm

1. How do you rate your last season? Surprising in the nicest possible way.
2. Who was your star player? Cesc or the French money grabber
3. What was your view on our own season? You are and always will be filthy northern bastards.
4. Which player impressed you most from United? Anderson done well
5. How do you see this season going? Your manager internally imploding on SSN after they tell him Ronaldo's been sold and us winning the CL
6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why?Messi, just cos he's Messi...you did say anyone and to leave Eboue or Bendtner just can't see the Bender making it.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby So100 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 pm

1. How do you rate your last season? I played for the Frog & Fiddler, we were quite poor to be honest....
2. Who was your star player? Bully was pretty decent
3. What was your view on our own season? I would guess your prize money didn't cover the interest payments...so not great!!!
4. Which player impressed you most from United? Wes Brown, huge improvement.
5. How do you see this season going? The Frog are no more, I guess Ritzy old boys have a good shot at the title!!!
6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why? As I said, folded.
So100
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:04 pm

:rofll:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:04 am

1. How do you rate your last season? Better than expected, and a marked improvement on the season before

2. Who was your star player? Cesc

3. What was your view on our own season? I think you got lucky toward the end, but credit where it's due, you never gave up hope

4. Which player impressed you most from United? Nancy had a decent season....

5. How do you see this season going? We will push harder, and better last season

6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why? Eboue out. What on earth Wenger sees in him, most of us will never know!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fordy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:05 am

The article is now up here:
http://forevermanutd.com/content/view/591/41/

I don't know if you wish to add the link to the forum topic or not

Best regards,
Sam.
Fordy

Postby bergie4ever » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:13 am

I have a question for our "guest": do you really believe that you would have been champs last seasons without CR7 ??!!?? :sneaky:

Ok sorry... :redface: :rofll:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby foxyfmu » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Hard to say. One player doesn't make a team. In some respects you look at the season and see Ronaldo scored 31 goals in the league but thats only 7 more goals than Adebayor and I think you could have had as good a season without him.

Ronaldo while clearly the deciding factor in many games was also very selfish and got a fair chunk of critiscm during the season for being selfish. One view is that without him Rooney may have got more goals as he wouldn't have had to track back so much to cover for Ronaldo. In short I think we would have won the league but maybe not the Champions League. We're certainly far removed from a one man team and I'm all for selling Ronaldo now and using the money to bring in Berbatov/Huntelaar and Van Der Vaart. With 2 of those I think we would be as good as we are know if not better.
foxyfmu
Liam Brady

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:49 pm

foxyfmu wrote:I run a Man Utd fansite and we're running a feature pre-season trying to get the thoughts of all the other clubs on last season and next. I was hoping someone could answer these questions?

1. How do you rate your last season? Excellent. 2 easy wins over you.
2. Who was your star player? Petrov
3. What was your view on our own season? Shit until we gave you a kick start like before.
4. Which player impressed you most from United? Ronaldo
5. How do you see this season going? Pish easy title win for the Munichs

I hope you don't mind me posting this :) I won't post the URL straight away in case you see it as just trying to get some cheap hits.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby liam_cork » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:22 pm

1. How do you rate your last season? dissapointing i started the season with very high hopes
2. Who was your star player? cesc
3. What was your view on our own season? i thought we were better but just ran out of steam i think to many players thought it was over when we were 5 points clear. fair play on the CL though.
4. Which player impressed you most from United? hargreves is that how you spell it?
5. How do you see this season going? for us? unlees we get a decent DM absolutly shit.
6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why? senderos and that liverpool defender bedtner (prick) id love to see senna come in
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Domestic Football