Replacement Manager??!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Replacement Manager??!

Postby chilon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:18 pm

KG3 wrote:
chilon wrote:
KG3 wrote:
Better option than Howe

How is that relevant, here are realistic managers much better than Bilic or Howe:

Simeone, Tuchel, Koeman, Marcelino, Schmidt. Also I'd rather gamble on a young South American manager who might be able to have more pull with South American talent like maybe Edgardo Bauza.

Well Howe has been mentioned as potential Wenger replacement so he is relevant, also I ever said Simone or Tuchel were inferior Bilic both of him were in my original list.

Bilic took over a side that finished 12th the season before and bought them up to 7th 1 point behind Koeman who only managed to move one place up during his second year, what exactly has Koeman managed to do in Europe considering he's managed a fair few side on the European stage f**k all.

Those last two names are laughable two manages who finish in their rightful places in their respective leagues behind the elites they haven't managed to take their teams to the next level.

Not saying Bilic is an anything special but we could do a lot worse and it's not like we've even been a good in Europe even before Wenger.

Oh I was naming people I rate higher than Bilic not people I rate high enough to want at Arsenal. The only people I want taking over at this point are Simeone, Tuchel or Emery (though that likely wont happen unless he wins CL or does so poor he loses reputation).

Like I said Bilic has been so awful in Europe I give zero fucks that he finished 7th with a West Ham who won a financial lottery (stadium) the last few years. 7th is probably right at West Ham financial potential now but Bilic in Europe has been atrocious. We'd go out in group stages in CL with Bilic. No thanks. Bilic is no better than any manager I mentioned and not good enough for us at all. Howe is a joke, we wouldn't hire him anyway.
#WEXIT
chilon
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Cripps » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Diego Simeone will not see out the rest of his contract with Atletico Madrid and will leave the club in June 2018.

Source: El Confidencial
Wednesday, 7 September 2016 13:13

We get Howe in 2017 and Simeone goes to man Utd when Jose is sacked.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:33 am

People who're hoping for Howe, or are pleased with him, you guys do realize that he won't be able to attract top transfer targets here? We're not elite like Barca or Real, or have unlimited funds like United. We need a special personality at the club. Wenger is one and after he retires, a manager like Howe would be underwhelming.

Simeone is the answer.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Massa » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:42 am

Id have Bould in charge for a season if it meant we could get Simeone
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:19 am

What a disgusting thought having Howe manage this club.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:46 pm

Gonna be funny being linked to all these different managers over the course of the season and getting excited over the prospect of someone like Simone or scared at the prospect of someone like Martinez, only for Wenger to sign a contract extension at the end of the season with top 4 wrapped up.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby chilon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:16 pm

KG3 wrote:Gonna be funny being linked to all these different managers over the course of the season and getting excited over the prospect of someone like Simone or scared at the prospect of someone like Martinez, only for Wenger to sign a contract extension at the end of the season with top 4 wrapped up.

yes lol. very scared of Bilic atm
#WEXIT
chilon
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby OptimusPrimett » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:28 pm

Only manager out there 'available' who is an upgrade on Wenger is Simeone.
Bit depressing tbh.
OptimusPrimett
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby KG3 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:22 pm

"He has certainly done a great job [at Bournemouth], but I just think it maybe a little bit too big for him at this time of his career," the former Arsenal midfielder told Goals on Sunday.

"I think he has to go to the next level after Bournemouth, maybe like an Everton, or someone like that who is going to be challenging for the top six.

"And then maybe move to the top four level, but Eddie has done nothing wrong and he is learning the game still and about players and systems and the way to play."

Parlour said: "Certainly in a few years' time, maybe he [Howe] will be a good fit, but at this current time maybe a [Diego] Simeone might be more suited to Arsenal when Arsene Wenger does call it a day."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ay-parlour

Ray telling it how it is
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:16 am

Simeone has reduced the length of his contract and is set to leave at the end of the 2017/18 season.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:26 am

Wengers contract expires at the same time.

He's coming to the arsenal.

That or man u have had enough of mou.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:35 am

Wenger's contract expires at the end of this season; Simeone would still have another year left with Atletico.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Zedie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:08 am

Oh well, I'm sure we can spend some of the 8m saved from wengers salary to pay the compensation and sign him up for more than he's on with atleti. How much is he on btw?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:40 am

dont think hes on any more than 100k euros per week. We should grab this opportunity if we wanna be successful. Allow Eddie, he isnt on simeones level.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:40 am

Either we buy his contract out (Simeone), or Wenger extends for a year coinciding with the end of Simeone's contract with Atleti.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk