Replacement Manager??!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Replacement Manager??!

Postby Angelito » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:47 am

Mesüt wrote:Rather try Sampaoli than Allegri, only noticed recently and only for this season but his away record against good teams is weak despite having a far superior squad. Good manager but not wholly convinced tbh.

Anything's a gamble since we missed Klopp, even Pep hasn't had it easy so far so any on that list are worth a go. Tuchel and Karanka also worth a ponder.

Agreed about Allegri. He's a more tactical version of Wenger.

It has to be Simeone though. We missed the boat with Pep and Klopp. We can't afford to the same with Diego.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:49 am

lexluchor wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Sims wrote:Sampaoli also slowly becoming my second choice cos Alexis will stay if he comes in

Would increase the likelihood of Arsenal playing a formation that uses three at the back.

He wouldn't get away with his Chile 3-3-3-1, but a variant of 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 would be highly likely.

Not against the idea, in fact I favor it looking at how Conte's Chelsea and even Spurs sat up last weekend, but it requires the right personel for it to be succesful or we'd end up like City, leaking goals left right and centre.

Bellerín is a player who would excell in a formation like this imo.

Bielsa, Berizzo, Sampaoli, Guardiola all them try to play very similar, with some differences...

Berizzo: still dont try in a big team, needs more left hand to deal with egos and build a team with figures.

Sampaoli: A perfect copy of Bielsa, but without the integrity of Bielsa, he run out of Chile when the President of the Football Asociation falls in the FBI hands, then Sampaoli shows his real face, lot of problems of money, and payments under the table...

Guardiola: he had a team around Iniesta, Xavi and Messi, needs a lot of money to rebuild a winner team like that, in Bayern he had the team and almost not opposition

Bielsa: before was acused of dont know how to adaptate his system, but with Chile and Athletic he change his mind and was much more flexible

I see ....
-------------- Cech --------------

-------??--------Mustafi-----Koscielny

Bellerin-----------Xhaka--------??------
------------------Ozil------------------

Wallcott------- Perez-----Alexis

With Bielsa could be an abuse...! passing in attacking position to:

------------------------ Cech --------------------

------------??--------Mustafi-----Koscielny---------

Bellerin---------Ozil-----Xhaka--------??------
Wallcott---------------------------------Alexis
------------------------ Perez-----------------------

Cazorla, Ox, Giroud, Iowi like a good bench... and not anymore with Ramsey, Monreal, Rafael, Gibbs and cople more.

Nah Ozil can't play CM in a 3-4-3. Also Mustafi and Gabriel are both natural fits at RCB so our back 3 would be Gabriel-Mustafi-Koscielny or Mustafi-Gabriel-Koscielny (whichever one works better). Holding would also fit in fine at RCB. Monreal could do the job at LCB or LWB. I think the most suited to LWB in our team would be Chamberlain, but Gibbs will have more experience.

At CM it would be Xhaka plus Ramsey or Coquelin. Ramsey against weaker teams Coquelin against better teams. Leaving out Santi since he's basically dead.

Front 3 would be any combination of Ozil, Alexis, Giroud, Lucas, Iwobi, Welbeck and Theo.

We'd have to buy another RB, and I'm sure everyone would prefer we bought a CB to replace merts instead of keeping him. Playing with WBs instead of FBs means that they don't have to be as defensively strong, making Gibbs, Monreal and Chamberlain a decent set. If we bring back Jack then I don't think we need to buy a CM. I'd personally sell some of our forwards and buy Griezmann (yes obviously it won't happen but f**k off)

Alexis-Griezmann
Ozil
Gibbs--Xhaka--Ramsey--Hector
Koscielny--Gabriel--Mustafi
Cech

Lucas--Giroud
Iwobi
Chamberlain--Wilshere--Coquelin--New RB
Monreal--Merts--Holding
Ospina

Leftover: Elneny, Santi, Martinez
(Assuming we sell Theo and Welbeck for the griezman money)

That's a full squad
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Brandon wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Sims wrote:Sampaoli also slowly becoming my second choice cos Alexis will stay if he comes in

Would increase the likelihood of Arsenal playing a formation that uses three at the back.

He wouldn't get away with his Chile 3-3-3-1, but a variant of 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 would be highly likely.

Not against the idea, in fact I favor it looking at how Conte's Chelsea and even Spurs sat up last weekend, but it requires the right personel for it to be succesful or we'd end up like City, leaking goals left right and centre.

Bellerín is a player who would excell in a formation like this imo.

Bellerin as a RWB is wank worthy. We'd definitely need a third CB though.

Monreal could probably reignite his career as a LCB, if Azpilicuetta can play RCB in that system, I don't see why Monreal can't do it for us at LCB and Monreal looked pretty good in his centre back stint for us.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Mustafi wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:#1 Diego Simeone (who looks likely to lose Griezmann to Man Utd)
#2 Massimiliano Allegri.
#3 Jorge Sampaoli / Marcelo Bielsa

agreed

Basically my list but I'd maybe swap the top two, knowing the Arsenal board though their list is something along the lines of...

1. Howe
2. Bould
3. Some who wenger has recommended
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Pudpop wrote:Nah Ozil can't play CM in a 3-4-3. Also Mustafi and Gabriel are both natural fits at RCB so our back 3 would be Gabriel-Mustafi-Koscielny or Mustafi-Gabriel-Koscielny (whichever one works better). Holding would also fit in fine at RCB. Monreal could do the job at LCB or LWB. I think the most suited to LWB in our team would be Chamberlain, but Gibbs will have more experience.

At CM it would be Xhaka plus Ramsey or Coquelin. Ramsey against weaker teams Coquelin against better teams. Leaving out Santi since he's basically dead.

Front 3 would be any combination of Ozil, Alexis, Giroud, Lucas, Iwobi, Welbeck and Theo.

We'd have to buy another RB, and I'm sure everyone would prefer we bought a CB to replace merts instead of keeping him. Playing with WBs instead of FBs means that they don't have to be as defensively strong, making Gibbs, Monreal and Chamberlain a decent set. If we bring back Jack then I don't think we need to buy a CM. I'd personally sell some of our forwards and buy Griezmann (yes obviously it won't happen but f**k off)

Alexis-Griezmann
Ozil
Gibbs--Xhaka--Ramsey--Hector
Koscielny--Gabriel--Mustafi
Cech

Lucas--Giroud
Iwobi
Chamberlain--Wilshere--Coquelin--New RB
Monreal--Merts--Holding
Ospina

Leftover: Elneny, Santi, Martinez
(Assuming we sell Theo and Welbeck for the griezman money)

That's a full squad

I like this VERY much
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby KG3 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:29 pm

I reckon Claude Puel could be in with a shout considering he's friends with Wenger and he played under him at Monaco for a few years.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:47 pm

Rafa Benitez - top cup manager

SAT, 28 JAN 2017
FA CUP - FOURTH ROUND
Oxford United 3-0 Newcastle United
Hemmings (46' minutes), Nelson (79' minutes), Martinez Lopez (87' minutes)
FT
HT 0-0
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Cl and Europa say hi
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ESR10 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:13 pm

good news, if true
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby KG3 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Sims wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/760066/Arsenal-news-Arsene-Wenger-Max-Allegri-Juventus-Serie-A-Ralph-Hasenhuttl

Hopefully it's true he's contacted at Juve until 2018 so we won't have to pay much to buyout the rest of his contract or maybe the plan is to give Wenger a 1 year deal and get Allegri to sign an agreement to join us in 2018.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk