Szczesny vs Fabianski

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

?

Szczesny
79%
Fabianski
21%

Total votes : 34

Re: Szczesny vs Fabianski

Postby Est83 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Hopefully it wont be long before he's Fabulanski! :lol:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GunnGunn » Thu May 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Different qualities though Gza.

We'll have to wait and see who AW gives the nod to but if it was either of them i don't mind, i believe they are both good enough.

You have to take Chezzers age into account, i personally do not believe there is a better keeper out there at 20 odd years old, and Man Utd just paid £18m odd million for one :grin:

I reckon Ches will be given the nod next season but i believe AW (Much to my dislike) will try and split as many games between the two as possible, if he does that then we might as well go back to square one, keepers are not like outfield players, they do not run all game, they do not get fatiqued as much as outfield players = they should play in all competitions we are seriously considering going for.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:42 pm

I don't mind splitting the games as long as it's done by competitions. One is in goal for the league and CL, the other for the domestic cups. I'm not saying the FA cup isn't important (with it being in the same catagory as the the CC), but just say you're right and Shezza's number 1 with Flaps number 2. If Fabianski's only playing in a Carling Cup game every so often, it won't be enough to gain any consistency in his form, so he'll need the two competitions. The league keeper will have the regular weekly fixtures and so will probably be in the best form, and because of that will be prefered for the CL spot.

As long as it's done like that then I don't have a problem. Can't be splitting up league games though.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri May 27, 2011 2:08 am

Est83 wrote:Hopefully it wont be long before he's Fabulanski! :lol:

or "Flappyha...how the f**k did he save that?"
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Fri May 27, 2011 2:24 pm

They're like the complete opposite of eachother.

Sczesny can defend his goal good at setpieces and is good in catching, but less good in shot shopping.
Fabianski is not so good in commanding area but has a rediculusly good shot shopping
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Funnily enough it was Szczesny's shot stopping the won him the most praise at Burnley. The fans were saying that he was getting his hands to shots that people were convinced had already beaten him.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Git » Fri May 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Brentford. :sneaky:

Yeah, that's very true. I remember watching the video highlights of his time at Brentford and he was pulling off world class saves every game.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Est83 » Fri May 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Whatever!.... smartarse!!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat May 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Est83 wrote:Funnily enough it was Szczesny's shot stopping the won him the most praise at Burnley. The fans were saying that he was getting his hands to shots that people were convinced had already beaten him.

maybe they're easily impressed in that part of the country?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby JordanTheGunner » Sat May 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Chez deserves it IMO with a blinding second half of the season and finished 4th in Arsenals player of the season.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat May 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Shezza because his confidence is unshakeable and you can't say the same about Fab.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby JordanTheGunner » Sat May 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Chez is also younger, with a brighter future he's saved a penality, made some unbelievable saves recently and deserves it for the time being, Fabianski will get another chance I feel due to Chez being injured or rested and I think if Fab takes his chance aswell as Chez did, Fab could be returning but I'm happy with Chez so far.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Lukasz Fabiaski says he is ready to challenge Wojciech Szczesny for Arsenal’s No 1 shirt this season after returning from injury against FC Cologne at the weekend.

The elder of the two Polish goalkeepers at the Club established himself as Arsène Wenger’s first-choice last season before a shoulder injury in January kept him on the sidelines for the back end of the campaign. In his absence, Szczesny made the position his own.

Fabianski got 20 minutes under his belt to mark his return to action on Saturday and has now set his sights on competing with his fellow countryman and Vito Mannone for a place between the posts.

“That is my aim and I will do everything that I can to be the No 1,” he told Arsenal Player. "In my shoulder and in myself, I am feeling stronger than I was before.

"I am very happy that I am finally fit and I could play a part of the game against Cologne. I am pleased with my fitness level and hopefully it will keep improving.

"Hopefully nothing will come up in the next few weeks and I will be ready for the competition that we have."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -no-1-spot
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby shamrock11 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:06 pm

OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:17 pm

fantastic saves in there i am a fan and hope we have him for a long time on the other side of the coin he is young and we have to accept that he will make mistakes
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk