Bendtner keen to take chance

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Bendtner keen to take chance

Postby Cheese » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:56 pm

Didn't he say the same after the Man Utd game this season?....
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:20 am

Just heard this on SSN about what the ©Mirror are claiming:

Nicklas Bendtner last night arrogantly claimed he is Arsenal's number one striker.

Bendtner even boasted he deserves "to start every game and play every minute" ahead of Emmanuel Adebayor and Robin van Persie.

Danish striker Bendtner, renowned for having a high opinion of himself and has also regularly worn pink and green boots, believes he is being treated unfairly because he has become a regular sub.

He is now likely to get a run in the Arsenal first team after Adebayor was ruled out for at least three weeks with a hamstring injury.

"I'm very sorry to see Adebayor injured as we need him fit and to be playing in the league," said Bendtner. "But it does not really matter to me who is fit and available.

"I should start every game, I should be playing every minute of every match and always be in the team."

Bendtner is unpopular with Arsenal fans and his outburst is likely to be met with disbelief, especially as the club passed up an opportunity to extend his contract which has 18 months to run.

But the player also said he does not fear the threat of new £15million signing Andrey Arshavin. He added: "I've never seen Arshavin. I did not watch Euro 2008. I've no idea what sort of player he is."

But Gunners boss Arsene Wenger says he does not have much sympathy for Bendtner.

Arsenal have managed just four goals in their last six home league games and face Championship side Cardiff in tonight's FA Cup replay on the back of two goalless draws.

Wenger said: "Bendtner has had plenty of opportunities this year; if you look at the number of games he has started you will be surprised.

He had lots of opportunities and it is not completely decided who will play yet because we have many possibilities we can try.

"At the moment it is difficult for everybody to score goals but I am convinced that we keep working well as a team, playing well as a team, that will come back quickly."

But despite Wenger's problems at Arsenal as they struggle to reach the Champions League places, the Frenchman says his own future his secure at the Emirates. Wenger has been linked with Real Madrid, who want him as their new boss this summer, and the Spanish giants believe they may be able to lure him away.

Arsenal fans have been questioning Wenger for the first time as the Gunners have not won a trophy since the FA Cup in 2005 and they are struggling to compete financially with Manchester United and Chelsea.

But Wenger insists he does not fear for his job after a week which saw Luiz Felipe Scolari sacked after just six months in charge at Stamford Bridge.

He added: "I don't feel I have a special security. But I believe that it is very difficult to compare someone who is there for six months to someone who has done 12 years at a club."

BENDTNER BY NUMBERS

29 No of apps

16 stars

8 No of times subbed

8 Times he's lasted 90 mins

13 Times he's been used as sub

1,474 Total minutes on the pitch

50 mins 50secs Average time he's lasted on the pitch

(2008-2009 season only, all first team games)

I get the impression that Bendtner will be the next wantaway player.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby meridamullet » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:23 am

i wish he would just shut up and let a few goals do his talking for him
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Trina » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:26 am

Now I'm not saying it's true but where has the "we" gone from the team? A few players just seem to be saying "I".

They don't play like a team half the time and it's not surprising if they are just thinking of themselves. Obviously I don't mean the whole team, just a few who come across as a bit selfish.

A few of them need to prove themselves first before thinking they should have a regular first team spot.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby meridamullet » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:29 am

i wonder what makes him think he's the number 1 striker when he's third on our goals for list, and only 3 ahead of Gallas
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Trina » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:31 am

I'm not usually one to question most things wrote in the papers. But something seems a bit wrong with this. I just can't see him blurting all that out.

Perhaps he said he should get first choice whilst Ade is out?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby meridamullet » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 am

Trina wrote:I'm not usually one to question most things wrote in the papers. But something seems a bit wrong with this. I just can't see him blurting all that out.

Perhaps he said he should get first choice whilst Ade is out?

he'd still be wrong :rofll:

like i said, shut up score some goals and then tell us how good you are, when you've done that i'll shut up, bow before you and not say another bad word about you :lipssealed:
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby damo1583 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:37 am

I think he has had PLENTY of oppertunities to show just how crap he is!
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:39 am

I hope that is the case Trina, but that looks like a direct quote about playing every minute of every game ect.

If true what i find amusing is that he seems to think that he should be 1st choice.
Bendtner is best as an impact sub.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Trina » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:42 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:I hope that is the case Trina, but that looks like a direct quote about playing every minute of every game ect.

If true what i find amusing is that he seems to think that he should be 1st choice.
Bendtner is best as an impact sub.

Oh I believe that is what he said. I just think there are parts missing to make it sound like it does.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:03 am

Don't believe any of it I'm afraid (except perhaps Wenger's quotes as they will have come from a press conference probably).
I watch all the interviews with all the players and they're all as modest as each other. The only one who thought it was his divine right to get first team starts was Diarra and look what happened to him.

This is the Mirror we're talking about here.... :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Just been to Arsenal.com and there's an interview with Bendtner today about his pink boots.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... pink-boots

He just talked about the fact that he's always worn bright boots ever since he was 10 when he wore a pair of Puma King's.
It's something he's always done and he understands that if he plays well then he gets away with it but if he plays badly then everyone will give him stick about the pink boots.
None of what's quoted above was said.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby waisman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 am

Inchpractice wrote:Don't believe any of it I'm afraid.
I watch all the interviews with all the players and they're all as modest as each other. The only one who thought it was his divine right to get first team starts was Diarra and look what happened to him.

This is the Mirror we're talking about here.... :rolleyes:

I don't know how modest he is, but I think his 'arrogance' is always done a bit tongue-in-cheek. I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously to be honest, he knows he will have to do his talking on the pitch. I think it's good he must have some degree of self belief, if not his confidence would have been shattered by the fans this season.
waisman
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Bendtner just said in his post-match interview on Setanta that the Mirror article was utter shite.
Told you it was bollocks.
I have a nose for shite I tell you...
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Bendtner just said in his post-match interview on Setanta that the Mirror article was utter shite.
Told you it was bollocks.
I have a nose for shite I tell you...

You must be the only human I know who likes shite... :hiding:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:59 pm

I can sniff it a mile away but I don't tend to munch on it...
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk