Vela set to stay put at Arsenal.

Vela set to stay put at Arsenal.

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:57 am

The agent of Arsenal forward Carlos Vela has revealed that the Mexican will remain at Emirates Stadium next season.

The 22-year-old spent the second half of last term on loan at West Bromwich Albion, with Arsene Wenger keen to see Vela gain regular Premier League experience due to both Robin van Persie and Marouane Chamakh limiting his first team opportunities at the club.

However, rather than move on, Vela’s agent Eduardo Hernandez has insisted that his client will continue to fight for his place in North London, despite continued speculation that Lille striker Gervinho is set to sign for the Gunners.

Speaking to ESPN Radiofórmula, Hernandez said: “I’ve had eight conversations with Arsenal, the most recent was last
Friday, and Carlos is an Arsenal player, he’ll stay at Arsenal and is not for sale.”

While the Mexican international only made eight appearances during his time at the Hawthorns, bagging two goals in the process, Hernandez still believes Vela's Arsenal career is going 'very well' - a suggestion that will no doubt have raised a number of eyebrows.

“The process with Carlos is a little bit slow. Arsene Wenger is an extremely demanding coach, he sent him on loan for six months to West Brom not with the results he wanted, but, nevertheless, everything is going very well,” he said.

Vela has been linked with a move to Anderlecht in recent weeks, with Turkey also touted as a possible destination.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/81756/default.aspx?
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Vela set to stay put at Arsenal.

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:58 am

Expect AW to play him at LB next season.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 pm

I want to see more of him. would love to see him in a 4-4-2 upfront

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Expect AW to play him at LB next season.

:lol:... I really dont understand why he's still with us though becuase is is never going to get a game with us, as he has proven to be quite shite.

Of course HE wont leave though, if I wasn't good enough but still contracted to Arsenal, I'd still want to stay! :P
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Wot Mo Said

Who in their right minds would pay him the kind of salary we've probably lavished upon him?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby mg86 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:11 pm

I for one am happy about this. When Carlos is played stupidly on the wing, I think the criticism is unfair. Nevertheless, we need depth at the striker position because I think Bendy is going to leave us this window.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 pm

mg86 wrote:I for one am happy about this. When Carlos is played stupidly on the wing, I think the criticism is unfair. Nevertheless, we need depth at the striker position because I think Bendy is going to leave us this window.

Good points. And I still stick by my thoughts that he hasn't been given enough chances yet. He's just as good if not better than Theo imo, and people love Theo.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NYg00ner11 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:33 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
mg86 wrote:I for one am happy about this. When Carlos is played stupidly on the wing, I think the criticism is unfair. Nevertheless, we need depth at the striker position because I think Bendy is going to leave us this window.

Good points. And I still stick by my thoughts that he hasn't been given enough chances yet. He's just as good if not better than Theo imo, and people love Theo.

Tbh when i first read this I kind of scoffed at the comment but its actually pretty spot on. Vela really hasn't been given a string of games to show anything, which is completely the opposite of Theo who has been given loads of time. Many of us (myself included) talk about Vela not being quality enough to cut it here, but he is no doubt a talented player, just has not played enough consistent first team football. However, looking at the other side of the argument... there has to be some reason for that no? The number of injuries we have had over the last few seasons especially in the Forward department is shocking
NYg00ner11
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Maxduke » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:46 pm

I think Vela's a quality player, but time is running out fast for him to reach his potential.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Poongooner14 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Tbh when i first read this I kind of scoffed at the comment but its actually pretty spot on. Vela really hasn't been given a string of games to show anything, which is completely the opposite of Theo who has been given loads of time. Many of us (myself included) talk about Vela not being quality enough to cut it here, but he is no doubt a talented player, just has not played enough consistent first team football. However, looking at the other side of the argument... there has to be some reason for that no? The number of injuries we have had over the last few seasons especially in the Forward department is shocking

That is true, but I'm not sure why. Maybe he doesn't show enough in training?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JordanTheGunner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Good news, love Vela, had 3 goals in 12 appearances for us and 2 goals in 8 apps for WBA and most were sub apps. He also hit two assists. I think this is his time, it's now or never and he should get a few games in all competitions especially the two cups.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Popey » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:25 pm

he was better than hernandez...we just need to use him the right way and he will flourish

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:31 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

That's a strong statement.
He might be a better finisher than Theo but as it stands right now he is 100 times less effective in a Premiership/CL game than Theo.
Think of all the games Theo has changed by coming on as a sub and using his pace and (recently improved) finishing.
Vela has yet to change a game by coming on as sub imo.
He's not as physically strong as Theo and that's one of his biggest weaknesses imo.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gunRAR » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:00 pm

ok so we have rvp and chamakh as strikers, vela and walcott as wing/fwds , lansbury and frimpong as dm covers for song, coquelin has been styling for lorient and bossing the likes of gervinho and m'vila when playin against them, we got bartley coming through the ranks and kocielny developing. we got szczesny and fabianksi as gks. do we even need any signings :lol:
gunRAR
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gunRAR » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:02 pm

oh and that was a tongue in cheek comment. i still think we need to buy gervinho and samba
gunRAR
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Next

Return to 11. Carlos Vela